Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wat to do about a mate?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so, heres the story :-

my mate was sleepin with this mate of hers, just a bit of fun so they said. he started telling her he was falling for her, she said she didnt feel the same, but still continued to sleep with him and flirt with him and give mixed signals. i live in student accomadation, she fancied this other lad in our building, and one night slept with him, only to regret it in the morning.

she told her mate about it as she felt guilty, he reacted badly and since hasn't wanted anything to do with her. this was bout 3 months ago now.

but she's still goin on that she realises she loves him, he now has a new girlfriend. its got to the point where i cant have a conversation with her without the conversation going back to him. I am being there for her and ive given her advice, but its got to the point where im just repeating myself to her.

when i split up with my ex, i started a new relationship pretty quickly, but i wouldnt get with my knew guy until i new i was completely over my ex. She seems to be under the impression that she needs someone new to get over him and keeps sayin how am i supposed to know coz i moved on quickly anyway. I'm sick of repeating advice to her.

Her "friend" doesnt live in our building, but has mates here who does, whenever she sees his car outside she just says he's a wanker and shouldnt be here, but in my opinion he still has a right to see his mates and its not as if she sees him anyway,just his car, ive told her that he's not actually doin anything wrong and he's still allowed other mates.

How can i tell her to just get over it? i think i've given all the advice i can give to her, but she just won't listen.

Comments

• Options
    Mia_16 wrote:
    but she's still goin on that she realises she loves him, he now has a new girlfriend. its got to the point where i cant have a conversation with her without the conversation going back to him. I am being there for her and ive given her advice, but its got to the point where im just repeating myself to her.
    Did she 'realise she loves him' before or after he got his new girlfriend? Seems like she's missing the attention more than anything.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Did she 'realise she loves him' before or after he got his new girlfriend? Seems like she's missing the attention more than anything.

:yes:

I had girls like that. Only intrested in me once I start losing intrest. She fucked up, you should just tell her to get on with it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I agree with everything so far tbh...

I can garentee that if he dumped this new girl he is with to get with your mate... your mate would be bored and end it with in 5 mins!
  • Options
    tbh having a quick fling helps mend your pride from previous relationship. I'd switch off when she starts taling about it or just say, will you stop going on about him please?
    I tell my firends stuff like that all the time if they do my head in, they do me too!
    Friends should be able to say things like that.
  • Options
    Or avoid her as much as poss and she'll soon get the hint and ask what's wrong. Then you'll have to tell her and she'll realsi ehow annoying she was.....Hopefully!
  • Options
    she fell for her mate as soon as she'd slept with this other guy and he didnt want her. i too think it is an attention thing, as when she split up with her ex, she was fine again when she'd got with someone else. I've tried avoidin her for a bit, but she lives in the flat opposite me, so its pretty hard as we see each other alot. Ive told her she should get over it now, i think i was a little harsh on her with some of the things i said. But i think its time she heard the truth. not that listen though of course.