Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spurs ask for replay

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/4755491.stm

They must be having a laugh, surely?

Unless it was proven foul play was to be blamed for the food poisoning, how on earth can they ask for a replay? Either they had enough fit players to play, or they didn't. As it happened, they did.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heard about this. Of course, if they'd won the match they wouldn't be complaining...
  • Options
    They can fuck off :D
  • Options
    In their position I'd ask for the same. On any other day of the season they would probably have got their wish to have the game postponed.

However, I also think that the FA are correct if they refuse. Just like Middlesborough and to an extent Arsenal, clubs have coped with a umber of injuries in the season and that's just the luck of the draw. It's not like they don't have a squad for this kind of thing, nor is it arguable that they had to field a weakened team...
  • Options
    Just a case of sour grapes...

I can't believe that the FA are even considering the letter!!!
  • Options
    does anyone else think its a little suspect though, that such a high number of players had food poisoning quite severely, so shortly before a make or break match
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    does anyone else think its a little suspect though, that such a high number of players had food poisoning quite severely, so shortly before a make or break match
    It does smell a bit fishy, not sure what to believe to be honest.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

Totally, but until there is concrete proof, you can't do anything.....
  • Options
    They really are humiliating themselves and I'm absolutely loving it. :D

They got my respect for playing on with ill players but any of that's gone now and they're just showing what a bitter, pathetic little club they are.

If this game were earlier in the season it may very well have been called off. If they had the game moved 2-4 hours they would've known the Arsenal result, the very reason all games are played at the same time is so this doesn't happen. If they had the game moved 24-hours, it would've has a tiny attendance (3pm on a working Monday), so West Ham would've lost out on several hundred thousand pounds I would imagine, and if it were moved to a later time on a Monday it would contradict the police argument.

The only other acceptable time they could play it in my eyes was the 17th May at 7:45 (and IIRC it was mentioned Premier League player insurance runs out before then).

Playing the game on Sunday at 3pm was the only fair outcome. They lost. They had plenty of opportunities to get fourth place this season and blew it :sour: .

Hard lines.

Of course if it is proven to have been caused by foul play that's a whole other matter.....
  • Options
    BBBloodBBBlood Deactivated Posts: 18 Settling in
    :thumb: Hahahaha, if Spurs want to be thumped again then so be it.
  • Options
    Middlesbrough got relegated in exactly the same situation, so fuck Spurs.
  • Options
    The FA have just announced they are not going to demand a replay.
  • Options
    I also heard that local Enviromental Health Team raided the Marriot today and found only hard cheese and sour grapes...
  • Options
    BBBloodBBBlood Deactivated Posts: 18 Settling in
    I also heard that local Enviromental Health Team raided the Marriot today and found only hard cheese and sour grapes...

Hahaha excellent :birthday:
  • Options