Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

worried about boyfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As some might know, he's in hospital recovering from appendicitis. Still in alot of discomfort and on mega painkillers that are making him sick still...so they won't let him out.
Anyway, i know its not anything really major but he's pretty up and down and obviously, it's worrying because you just don't know where he's going. I rang him just now and he had to go because he was suddenly short of breath. Dunno what that means....
It's affecting me at school, i fluffed up my german speaking exam this morning because i'm all over the place, and i can't relax.
Any words of advice?

Comments

• Options
    appendicitis is not exactly life threatening and anyway, hes in a hospital so dont worry, he will be more than fine! Just try not to worry so much, i'm sure he wouldnt want you to mess up your exams by worrying about him!
  • Options
    I was like that yesterday, mind was elsewhere so I was useless at work.

He'll be OK, really.
  • Options
    He'll be fine, the surgey and painkillers (esp. the painkillers) will take it out of him for a couple of weeks or so, but he is in the best place. Speak to him when you can and speak to his parents as well. In a couple of weeks he should be back to normal.
  • Options
    General Anaethetics can really knock some people for six. I took a long time to get over mine, so its probably a lot to do with that. Long term he will be fine, short term he's feels rough.

Look on the bright side, he needs time to rest so you have plenty of time to revise. Talk to hime briefly as he will get very tired and out of breath quickly. Get through your GCSE's and he will be fine, you can both celebrate finishing and getting better.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    appendicitis is not exactly life threatening and anyway,
    they can be if they rupture. obviously that didn't happen to her bf, but i'm just saying...
    ballerinia, focus on your studies and give him some time to recover. he should be okay and make a full recovery. the worst part is already over. :)
  • Options
    you messed up one of your exams 'cause he's had appendicitis??!

he'll be fine he's only on some tablets.

sorry n all but it's the truth.
  • Options

:yes:
  • Options

it wasn't just that, it was just the whole weekend, i was exhausted cause i hardly got any sleep or ate much