Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Front page question?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am adding tables to my page, how do I have it so they reach the top of the page and not a couple CM below it?

Comments

• Options
    Crap, I used to know the HTML for that...

Do you mean when you make a table evething is automatically centred half way down the table?

its something like Align=top but I really dont know more than that, I havent done html for years!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Crap, I used to know the HTML for that...

Do you mean when you make a table evething is automatically centred half way down the table?

its something like Align=top but I really dont know more than that, I havent done html for years!

actually align is for horizonta' alignement and option for it are "left,center,right" otherwise it is valign and options for it are "top,middle,bottom"..

Not sure it is what he needs here to, just post the HTML code Felix
  • Options
    it is valign

Thats the one!!

Well corrected! :thumb:
  • Options
    Like this but with the logo actually touching the top http://www.new-link.co.uk/
  • Options
    Like this but with the logo actually touching the top http://www.new-link.co.uk/

Can't you just post the code?

If it doesn't touch the top it might be due to the table cellpading, cellspacing and border setting... <table cellpaddng="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">

or due to the top margin of the body which can be set to 0 in html like <body topmargin="0" marginheight="0"> or via css <style type="text/css">body{ margin: 0px;}
  • Options
    use css, set padding = 0 and margin = 0
  • Options
    thats the one i wanted
    <style>
    	BODY
    	{
    		font-family:verdana,arial,helvetica;
    		margin:0;
    	}