Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thinking Of The Ex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I've been seeing an incredible guy for a few weeks now. And he really is awesome and makes me very happy.

However, in the past couple of days, I've been thinking about my ex. He was a bastard and was nothing but horrible to me for the last 5 months of our relationship so there is no way that I would ever get back with him. We're still friends though, kinda, and talk every so often.

I don't think I miss my ex, but I was wondering... Is it because I'm not really over him? Or is it just because I'm having feelings for this new guy that I associate with having with my ex?

Comments

• Options
    You are probably a scare of your new growing feeling for your new bf because of your bad past relationship... it will be alright... it's normal I think...
  • Options
    Hmm... I dunno. I mean, it's good things I'm thinking about. Like... when I think about this new guy, I keep remembering good memories from my last relationship.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Don't underestimate the amount of time it takes to get over past relationships. It doesn't mean you want to get back with your ex, but it's natural to think about him and remember good times together. That's not bad in itself, as long as you keep in mind that that relationship ended for a reason and is in the past now, there can be no going back and you're better off moving forward with your life.

I think it's healthy that even though he hurt you, you still can remember the good times and haven't let the bad things that happened taint them for you. Just keep reminding yourself why the relationship ended and that even though he made you happy for a while, the time was right to move on and that you are both better off with other people.

You rock!
    :yippe:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I think about all sorts of people here and there at random, it doesnt mean anything necessarily unless youre sitting there pretending to yourself your ex was wonderful, then its hardly surprising if he was a big part of your life up until recently that youre gonna think of him sometimes. It will get less and less as time goes by.
    you say you dont want to get back with him and youre only "kinda" friends with him, so I think maybe its just you feeling guilty for even thinking about it at all when in actual fact, you cant control what comes into your mind, so chill :)
  • Options
    chances are you'll always think about him. but it just depends in what way. when you're with someone new you're bound to find yourself comparing your new relationship to your old one. i still think about my ex boyfriend but that's 'cause he still means a lot to me. doesn't have to be a bad thing.