Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eric Clapton

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
For anyone going to see him on the latest tour, you're in for an absolute treat.

Incredible. Absolutley incredible.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fucking hell, tickets on ticketmaster for the Manchester gig are £50 with £6 fee. London's sold out I think.

Take it you went?
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Fucking hell, tickets on ticketmaster for the Manchester gig are £50 with £6 fee. London's sold out I think.

Take it you went?

Aye, just got back. I don't think I've seen him play better. Having Derek Trucks in the band has lit a fire underneath Eric and he was just phenomenal. Better than Cream era Clapton frankly.

Robert Cray was the support act too.
  • Options
    Amazing mate, a gig to remember huh?

*wants cheaper tickets :(*
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Amazing mate, a gig to remember huh?

:yes: I swear, the Layla outro was a spiritual experience.

The ticket price is ridiculous, it was £40 in Glasgow, but he's the reason I picked up the guitar, so it's always money well spent. For me anyway.
  • Options
    Nice! Where were you seated/standing?

I need to see someone like that live. People that have inspired me to pick up bass don't really do much anymore! :(
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Nice! Where were you seated/standing?

I need to see someone like that live. People that have inspired me to pick up bass don't really do much anymore! :(

Towards the back of the main arena floor but still close enough to see properly. Quite close to the mixing desk actually, so the sound was perfect.

I've managed to see a lot of my heroes, in fact, the only one I'm missing is Eric Johnson. But I don't think he's ever going to tour over here.

Clapton is definitely someone to see live, even seeing him do something twee like Wonderful Tonight is amazing. A class act.
  • Options
    He's good alrite but not worth that amount of money!