Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

younger men...immature?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok,i posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about this guy i liked who was four years younger than me..he's 18 and i'm 22. we've been seeing each other for about 2 weeks now and we're taking things slow because well, his first girlfriend (they went out for three years!) really hurt him although they're good friends now, and things with the guy i was seeing last time moved too quickly and i got freaked out - majorly, and i ended things withing 3 weeks!
it's been really nice, but little things makes me think that he has some growing up to do...like the fact that he doesn't show too much affection when he's with the guys (he doesn't even giv me a peck on the cheek or hold my hand! usually he gives me a huuuge hugs n kisses...awww :-) ) and he doesn't really talk to me when he's with the guys too.

i honestly don't mind it...i'm thinking that it's all down to him being 'the macho man who shows no affection' in fornt of his mates,lol - n i think it's understandable (and hilarious cos he's so mushy mushy when it's just the two of us!) cos hes only 18 after all!

my question is, is this the case with the younger guys? or is it all guys in general who like to be 'macho men' around their mates? i mean, iv dated a 27 year old...n he wasn't like that, neither was the 23 year old guy i dated....so im thinking its a young man's attitude..any views ppl?

Comments

• Options
    I think thats more to do with individual men and often different cultures than age.
  • Options
    All people are different.

It's very likely that he's got some growing up to do, too.
  • Options
    I think thats more to do with individual men and often different cultures than age.

:yes:

Probably just the way he acts regardless of his age.
  • Options
    I agree with SCC and Mystify, its probably just the way he is. Hope all continues to go well :heart: