Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pet Rescue

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
No this shouldn't be in "Entertainment" haha, it's a nice little story of my heroic works of the day. :p

Got back to my parents this morning to have my mother tell me that she thinks there's a bird stuck in my bedroom fireplace (which is sealed over) and that I have to do something about it. So I spent lunchtime today hacking away at the plasterboard cover - scaring the poor bugger half to death - and then trying to catch a fucking HUGE - clearly a mutant - collared dove in a toaster box. It was having none of it, but I finally sent it off on it's way... worst part is I think it might've been there since Thursday, since I was sure I could hear scratching and flapping that night, but I just put it down to an overactive imagination.

Anyone ever had to "rescue" or free an animal before... ? I would definitely have preferred to be watching Neighbours, but when duty calls...

(I also loved the way it showed me how weak and easily terrified the menfolk I know are. They all ran screaming from the room when it started flying around the room. :lol: :thumb: )
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol:
    I had to rescue a sparrow that was stuck behind my bed, and a frog I think. I've also been involved in numerous rabbit chases, one of mine made it all the way down the road before we noticed!

:lol: @ you with the toaster box!

Neighbours wasn't so good today, you didn't miss much. It was all Ned/Izzy/Paul, and KatCHA is going to fight Susan for custody.
  • Options
    :lol:
    I had to rescue a sparrow that was stuck behind my bed, and a frog I think. I've also been involved in numerous rabbit chases, one of mine made it all the way down the road before we noticed!

:lol: @ you with the toaster box!

Neighbours wasn't so good today, you didn't miss much. It was all Ned/Izzy/Paul, and KatCHA is going to fight Susan for custody.

Was the only empty box I could find. :p

Rest assured I shall be watching the early evening edition! Unless any other helpless birds become trapped in the interim. Where was your frog-in-distress? Maybe you should've given it a big smacker, ya never know....
  • Options
    I think it was sat in the middle of the road. If they stay there too long they end up a bit flatter, so I put it back in our 'pond'.

I'm not kissing any frogs...:p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Just some spiders, snails, worms etc. Not all of them in my room, heh. One a pigeon came in, but I only had to open the window and it flew out.
  • Options
    I had to rescue a baby sparrow my cat caught when it was a kitten. he hadn't injured it, just caught it and brought it into the house (weird I know) but then he put it down and the damn thing went mental. Me and my mum were running round the house for hours trying to catch it to let it back outside and stop the cat from catching it!

Fun times.........
  • Options
    i had 5to do the exact same thing with a wood pidgeon stuck down the fire place in my old flat last year.

i got the wood that blocked the fire place off and was met by the almighty stench of the ones that hadnt been rescued before, i nearly threw up :yuck:
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    i had 5to do the exact same thing with a wood pidgeon stuck down the fire place in my old flat last year.

i got the wood that blocked the fire place off and was met by the almighty stench of the ones that hadnt been rescued before, i nearly threw up :yuck:

You're a good soul! :thumb:

The possibility of other bodies did cross my mind, was hoping that wouldn't be the case and lucky! The actually "hearth" it was stuck in was so small the poor thing couldn't even spread its wings so it'd have been awful for it to be confined in that teeny space with the rotting bodies of its compadres.

When I took the board off it stood stock-still probably in the hope I wouldn't see it, and only started to flap about when I tried to get it into the box. To be fair it was probably a bit traumatised when a massive chisel came bursting through. The chimney is "supposed" to be capped and have a mesh cover though, so I suspect someone is telling porkies. :chin:
  • Options
    rescue me
  • Options
    and the superbriggi award goes to

well erm......briggi
    xgjnu1.gif
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    xgjnu1.gif