Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What did this teacher mean?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
A while back I made a thread (or mentioned something) in the student forum about messing up my A-Levels. Because of this, I got told that I need to fill my timetable up so that I'm a full time student. I talked to my tutor about this who said that when she has time, she'll talk to me about sorting some stuff out. When she spoke to me, there was another teacher in the room. She mentioned something to him about whether he'd like me to help him out during his lessons and he said yes. She drew up a timetable for me and told me to ok this with the Head of 6th form. I did this and as of the last few weeks have been helping out in the English department with some stuff. (admin and helping teachers during their lessons)

On Friday, my tutor left for her maternity leave. This meant that I wasn't doing that many hours (about 14 I think) and went to see the tacher mentioned above. I asked him if he'd like me to help out more. (more hours) He told me no and explained that his reason for this is because he thinks it won't help me in my future employment and that it would be better for me to do some admin stuff.

Anyone know why he said this to me?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    Anyone know why he said this to me?

There could be any number of reasons, but it's impossible to tell without knowing him. Ask him.

Maybe he thinks you have a great career in administration.
  • Options
    There could be any number of reasons, but it's impossible to tell without knowing him. Ask him.

Maybe he thinks you have a great career in administration.

You could be right. He probably thinks that admin (now) would be more productive for me than helping him with his classes... I say that because I spent most of an hour with one of his classes not doing that much.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    You could be right. He probably thinks that admin (now) would be more productive for me than helping him with his classes... I say that because I spent most of an hour with one of his classes not doing that much.

It's useful to have experience in admin for the summer holidays at uni. It's good for organisational skills, too (although it didn't work for me...).

What career path do you have in mind?
  • Options
    It's useful to have experience in admin for the summer holidays at uni. It's good for organisational skills, too (although it didn't work for me...).

What career path do you have in mind?

Not too sure, but it should involve working with children.