Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Has this ever happned to anyone and how did it turn out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. To cut a long story short. Wife and I (of 10 very happy years) had problems earlier this year. I said some hurtful things. Wife took it bad. Family friend (who has just seperated from his wife after 25 hurtful years) is getting together with my wife and they want to live together. They went on holiday with the kids about 4 weeks ago (they all get on great and he makes them all laugh) and when she came back she told me that they wanted to seperate and to divorce in 2 years. She will not divorce me right away. But they had declared their undying love for each other during the holiday. They never told me at the time. It just came out last weekend. I am leaving in October and he will move in as soon as I go.

Does the panel think:

This is going to last?
Does she realy Love him? He told her his feelings on the Tuesday and she told him on the Tursday that she felt the same.

Is this real love? Or infatuation?

I could not have her back. But part of me wants to becuase I still Love her. She says she loves me but Loves him aswell.

I am very confused by this. She has allways been very loving to me. It hurts as well that the kids get on so well with him.

He is a nice guy though. I cannot help liking him. He is a Loverble Rouge. You know the type. Can get on with anyone and she says he makes her laugh and they have a lot in common.

Anyone give me an insight into whats going on?

SDA.

Comments

• Options
    sda wrote:
    He is a Loverble Rouge.
    No mate, he is a cunt. he is not as you put, a family friend because what kind of 'friend' would steal someones wife!? Might just be me but i'd been married for 10 years then some tosser came along and did that he'd be laid up in a hospital right now and i'd be in prison. I'm not completely blaming him however its as much her fault as it is his - but i will say one thing - YOU ARE NOT TO BLAME - If she was unhappy then she should have talked to you instead of running off with someone. Dont take her back no matter how much she begs, she fucked up and she doesnt deserve to be forgiven for something like that. Sure this is gonna hurt shit loads but look on the bright side, you'll get everything in the divorce because she was unfaithful.
  • Options
    theres nothing anyone can say that will make it easier for you or hurt less. youve been doubly betrayed. Dont torture yourself as to whether its real love for them or not. Theres nothing you can do whether it is or it isnt. What does it matter now?
    It must feel hurtful that the kids like him too, but although it might not feel like it now, this is a really good thing. At least theres a chance they may not be too traumatised - thats as good as you can hope for. Of course YOU will be traumatised for a while, but time is the only thing that will heal that.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that sda. As suzycreamcheese said, don't torture yourself. I spend many hours wondering about my parents marriage (they divorced about 17 years ago) and I always come to the conclusion that knowing exactly what went on and trying to get answers to all the questions I have isn't going to solve or change anything, and as I am not likely to find out the answers it just hurts me more to spend so long thinking about it.

As for the kids getting on with him - it is bound to hurt you as you are their dad and he is trying to take on that role, but remember you are still their dad and you have to now make sure that you see them as often as you can and maintain the fatherly role. It is a good thing that they get on with him otherwise it could hurt them alot. I am fortunate in that I get on with my stepdad and with my dads wife, but my uncle divorced a few years ago and he has two sons. One of them likes the new fella but the other one hates him, refuses to go on holiday with them, won't talk to him and is generally miserable, angry and upset all the time which then affects his schoolwork, his social life and his general well-being. I am sure that you want your children to be happy so it is a good thing even though it may not seem like it now.

Best wishes x
  • Options
    Hi there, i thought i would post a link about couples on the rocks as it seems that perhaps you and your wife need to talk more about what hapened, as this will give you more answers about how she feels. Ten years is a lot therefore it would be a shame to end it with so many questions. Hope it helps, be strong and good luck :)
  • Options
    this happened with my mum and dad, my mum left my dad. I know what your going through, me and my dad are very close and were at the time, so i know how he was feeling. Things will get better. It might last between you wife and this other man, it might not, but for now, think about getting yourself on track, maybe see a few friends or something. With us, it was my mum who moved out, we stayed with my dad. My dad found everything without my mum very hard at the time and as he didn't really have many family friends at the time apart from the odd one or two, he decided to join a singles club, started going to the football with my brother and he joined the gym. Things just to get him out the house and take his mind off things, 7 years on, he has a girlfriend, my mums still with my (now) stepdad, but my dads happier and stronger than he ever was.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Replys. Life does look shit at the mo. Went out with the kids this evening and we had a laugh bowling. She is ringing the kids a lot. Of course she is not ringing me. I guess she is trying to make me feel bad and I have not done anything.

How is she feeling now? Does she even give a fuck? I am going out tomorow to a singles night. I know I am not single I just want to talk to people. I am not ready yet for a relationship. How can she jump from 1 relationship straight into another? That bugs me. SDA
  • Options
    sda wrote:
    Thanks for the Replys. Life does look shit at the mo. Went out with the kids this evening and we had a laugh bowling. She is ringing the kids a lot. Of course she is not ringing me. I guess she is trying to make me feel bad and I have not done anything.

How is she feeling now? Does she even give a fuck? I am going out tomorow to a singles night. I know I am not single I just want to talk to people. I am not ready yet for a relationship. How can she jump from 1 relationship straight into another? That bugs me. SDA
    my oppinion on people who jump from relationship to relationship is that they're usually insecure, so need to feel loved and safe. Like a comfort blanket.
    It could just be lust, or love. Who knows. It just seems odd she's so keen for another guy to replace you straight away. If she was so certain, then she'd be divorcing you asap.
  • Options
    That sucks mate. Dont suppose it counts for anything but you can PM me if you just want to get things of your chest. I can just listen....

...if you want advice, then I would say have a discussion with your wife. I think theres some things you need to get out in the open - how you feel betrayed shes started another relationship with another man (one who you were both friends with) so soon after falling out with you. I'm not saying she's right or wrong for doing this, but you need to talk to her, if for nothing advice just to get some closure and realise that she's gone for good and you need to concentrate on being happy on your own.

But maybe if you talk to her she'll want you back. It all depends. Even if a marriage is falling apart counselling servicse like Relate can be useful in order to make the seperation easier on both parties. Or it could save your marriage. Think about it.

:) All I can say really is I hope things pick up for you. At least you've still got good contact with your kids :)