Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vent

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Oh dear. Yes i have messed up my ideal job in the past. I was really pissed off, i went all shy with the woman who interviewed me=her not liking me. I did really well with the man as i felt more relaxed, if it was up to him i am sure i would have got it but it wasn't.
  • Options
    You never know, you may have done better than you thought, and like you said you're not stupid and I reckon a lot of the people going for the job will have had exactly the same problem. Those tests are shit, just what exactly are they supposed to be testing anyway? They're not a test of intelligence in any way.

Exactly.

That's the most frustrating thing, when you know you've got the intelligence and aptitude for the job and that it's perfect for you... and they throw a bloody numeracy test or similar at you. I suppose they think they have their reasons but still, it's infuriating when it throws you off completely.

I guess it's a wait-and-see situation, eh. You never know, as scarlett said it might be that everyone naffed up the test too, or they mightn't lend as much credence to the results as you're anticipating. It sounds lame, and won't make you feel any cheerier at the moment but you never know! Fingers crossed, anyway.
  • Options
    I hope it works out. Did you have a face-to-face interview, too?
  • Options
    Yeah, maybe you wowed them in the interview enough to overlook a poor test result? Maybe you could ask them if you could retake the tests?