Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I think the new Feeder tune is fab mate.

In fact, I just fucking love Feeder.

Discuss.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    echo park (hope thats the name of the first album :x) was good.. all downhill from there :/
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    echo park (hope thats the name of the first album :x) was good.. all downhill from there :/

I've only heard Echo park and the last record all the way through.. but.. personally I think that Pushing the senses is just as good..

Probably for different reasons though..

Oh yeah and the new tune is pretty good.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    all downhill from there :/

:eek: :shocking: No way!

Die hard Feeder fan here!

Echo park is outright the best album they have released to date. They are a fantastic band, one of the best musicl talents i have ever heard and to be very honest they don not get the apprecition they deserve.

:heart: Feeder :D
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    echo park (hope thats the name of the first album :x)

Hardly, that was number four... Yesterday Comes Too Soon (No 3) was better IMHO
  • Options
    I don't think they get the recognition they deserve... they really are a top class band. Seen them live twice and they are easily the best band I've seen live.
  • Options
    They're quite good. My friends got a signed album, including the signature of the drummer that died. That'll be worth a bit in a few years then.
  • Options
    i like the new feeder song. but i love the new keane one more.
  • Options
    Echo Park was nowhere near the first album they released...their first album was Polythene in 1997.

I have a copy of the vinyl of Stereo World signed by everyone including Jon. Seen them twice and I agree they rock. My fave band!

I recommend Picture of Perfect Youth - it's a collection of their B-sides and unreleased songs. Sounds quite different to some of the singles.

Fave songs - Descend, High, Undivided, Emily, Turn and some others...I haven't listened to their new album yet though.
  • Options
    I haven't listened to their new album yet though.

Apart from two new tracks, it's a singles album so you'll have the rest.

Figured I might just download those I haven't already got...
  • Options
    Echo Park was nowhere near the first album they released...their first album was Polythene in 1997.

They released a mini album called 'Swim' in 1996.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

an EP? ;p

I guess saying first album as echo park i meant first main-stream. Thats when i first heard of them anyway.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I have all their albums up to Comfort in Sound - But definitely wouldn't buy any of their stuff now. They are sooooooooo bland these days.
    EDN1 wrote:

Echo park is outright the best album they have released to date.

Agreed :yes:
    EDN1 wrote:

They are a fantastic band, one of the best musicl talents i have ever heard and to be very honest they don not get the apprecition they deserve.

:heart: Feeder :D

Good band, but I think you seriously need to get out there and see more bands if you think they're one of the best music talents around. :p;)
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Well yeah I knew about the EP but I wouldn't call that an album as such!

Man of kent...I'll probably buy it anyway as I have all the other albums. I'm a bit sad like that!
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Good band, but I think you seriously need to get out there and see more bands if you think they're one of the best music talents around. :p;)
    Another moderator to succumb to the "must appear offline at all times" trend. I thought you were different, Helen. :(:p

As for EDN1, let's just say I've questioned him about his music tastes before, and it gets much worse. :p
  • Options
    Yeh they've got some catchy wee songs.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    an EP? ;p

I guess saying first album as echo park i meant first main-stream. Thats when i first heard of them anyway.

Probably. They have released a full length version of Swim; no idea when though.