Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Job hunting

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Does anyone else here detest looking for a job?

If i have to fill out another application form i'm gonna throw myself off the roof.

Just ranting :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes!
    I'm currently unemployed due to wankers unfairly dismissing me!
    At the mo, I'm unemployed and about to start a tribunernal, moving house next week and havent found anywhere yet......and having to look for a job too :(
    Life's shit right now.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Yes!
    I'm currently unemployed due to wankers unfairly dismissing me!
    At the mo, I'm unemployed and about to start a tribunernal, moving house next week and havent found anywhere yet......and having to look for a job too :(
    Life's shit right now.

I got sacked as well. For like no reason. I was a model worker :angel:

Shit innit being unemployed.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I hate it too. I am about to finish uni and there aren't as many jobs around as there could be ...

And I'm on placement at the moment and I feel that I need to spend at least a couple of hours on a job application form in order to do it some justice but I just don't have the time. Gah.
  • Options
    Come back and work with me ;) lol
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Come back and work with me ;) lol

Hah how did you know i worked there?
  • Options
    Iv been job hunting since november................. :mad: Its a real pain in the arse handing out loads of cvs,filling in application forms,being promised interviews and trials and getting nowhere! :banghead:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Hah how did you know i worked there?

you told me :p Don't fancy the green uniform huh? lol
  • Options
    It's been decided that I'm too 'unconventional' ( :lol::lol::lol: ) to go back to my old job, so I'm having to job hunt too.

It sucks ass but it means I'm moving forward in my life, so it's not all bad.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Infinite wrote:
    It's been decided that I'm too 'unconventional' ( :lol::lol::lol: ) to go back to my old job, so I'm having to job hunt too.

It sucks ass but it means I'm moving forward in my life, so it's not all bad.

What does being too "unconventional" mean, exactly?! :p
  • Options
    What does being too "unconventional" mean, exactly?! :p

Christ knows! There was mention of me having 'the humour' and being too lighthearted. Monuments and castles must be treated with complete seriousness because people go on tours purely to be educated. :rolleyes:

It's too funny :lol:
  • Options
    Well I am moving to Derby at the end of this month so will be job hunting. Need to get a job by July though!
  • Options
    i've been quite lucky thus far! i got my first job when i used to be a paper girl for the place and they offered me a job in the shop with no interview or anything. then i quit there and got lucky with my first interview. still there 4 odd years on!

however i'm still a full-time student and yet to venture into the grown up world of full-time work. i'm quite excited though. in some ways... :razz:
  • Options
    Ive recently moved to North London, so im in the process of looking for jobs. With no luck so far :( Have only been here just over a week though, but its starting to get me down.
  • Options
    Just quit my job last weekend to go to america to work for the summer, bit worried bout coming back to uni in sept an looking for a new job. :(
  • Options
    Been job hunting since February to no avail. Need a job before July so I can apply for financial help at college.

Been at home with injuries for the past 5 weeks and now am off my feet for the next 2 or so weeks. GREAT :rolleyes:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Just quit my job last weekend to go to america to work for the summer, bit worried bout coming back to uni in sept an looking for a new job. :(
    Most universities have a service to help you find part-time work whilst you are a student so I wouldn't worry about it too much :)
  • Options
    Im soon to be applying for all sorts. I finish my degree next thursday and then i have about a month to find a job!

I dont think its going to happen.
  • Options
    Need a job before July so I can apply for financial help at college.

How does that work? Do you need to be working in a related field or just anything?
  • Options
    Im still job hunting. I just keep getting no's atm :( Well 2 no's, the rest couldnt be bothered to get back to me.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    How does that work? Do you need to be working in a related field or just anything?
    It's means tested, so I have to be working. If not, they're means test my parents and I'll not get a penny coz they earn 'too much'.

Ilora x