Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Neck injury

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hurt my neck last night at the fair. Sounds daft but we were on the waltzers and they spun us so fast my head got flung back so hard it hit on the top of the car. This happened twice and as I was sitting slightly sideways too, i had my bf's daughter in my arms so i could keep her steady, my neck was bent to the right.
Didnt hurt immediately after and i went on another ride, how i wasnt sick amazed me and no ride has ever done that to me before.

Unsurprisingly ive woke up with a painful neck, but ive also been feeling varying degrees of nausea all day. Could they be connected or is it just a coincidence?

Comments

• Options
    You hit or neck or your head?

If you hit your head and your feeling nauseous then its worth getting medical advice. Equally don't drive until you've stopped feeling nauseous.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    ive also been feeling varying degrees of nausea all day.
    how hard did you hit your head?
    give your neck a few days, it should get better. just take it easy for a while.
  • Options
    Also, and this is hard to do, but try and hold your head normally otherwise you'll make your neck stiff by holding it funny, won't help it heal.

If your going to take something then ibuprofen is best for muscle injuries and bruising.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Unsurprisingly ive woke up with a painful neck, but ive also been feeling varying degrees of nausea all day. Could they be connected or is it just a coincidence?
    Head injury + nausea = hospital.
  • Options
    Sorry to be confusing,

I hit my head, but my head didnt/doesnt hurt. Its just my neck thats hurting.

And also i have been eating in between feeling sick so cant be too bad.
    Ive got an appointment on wednesday at the docs for another reason, so might as well see how it is over the next few days???
  • Options
    Tbh, if you hit your head hard, even if it doesn't hurt, and you're feeling sick, it might be worth getting checked out before Wednesday. Even if not today, an emergency appointment tomorrow morning at your GP, and I'm sure if you explain the circumstances to the receptionist, she would agree that you need to be checked.
  • Options
    thanks.

im in work at 8.30am tomorrow though which makes it awkward. I work in the same building as a doctors surgery, although its not one im registered with. I guess if its still painful and im still feeling sick tomorrow they might be able to do something for me.