Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sex with a new partner - him going soft!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have got very close to a male friend of mine over the last couple of months, although we liked each other we ignored it and just enjoyed each others company as i was in a relationship.

anyway, i ended my long term relationship as i was unhappy, and me and this friend got closer, we kinda started dating but we didnt sleep together as i wanted more time to get over my relationship, anyway after a couple of weeks about 9 i think, we decided to sleep together.

i thought great, and the passion between us had been building up for weeks between us, and it was tense to say the least.
anyway the time came, and there is both of us thinking all is fine.......... then he went soft!!! :eek:

Not something i have experience b4, and i think he was :o embarassed to say the least!! i said ok thats cool we will just go chill for abit and see what happens later in the evening, he went real cold on me afterwards, so i took him home, this was a couple of days ago and although he has phoned and txted me, i seem to be the one doing all the chasing.

i feel really bad, and i dont know if he has gone off me or if it was just cos he is still embarrassed. has anyone else had this happen??
if so is there anything i can do to make him feel better.

sorry its so long.

Comments

• Options
    he probably just feels really wick, and seeing you reminds him of his shortcomings in the sack. Not a really mature way to handle the situation, it's happened to partners of mine before and the best way to deal with it is laugh it off and try again in a half hour.
  • Options
    I think all you can really do is talk to him and let him know it's all good between you. Must be difficult for him to deal with. Just give him a little time and space if thats what he's needing and be there for him. He'll come round chick! *hugs*
  • Options
    it can happen if the guy puts too much pressure on himself to perform perfectly.
  • Options
    it can happen if the guy puts too much pressure on himself to perform perfectly.
    :yes: