Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

|Question about stress

Ok, I've noticed for the last few months or so that if I get stressed or anything along those lines, my chest gets tight and I find it hard to catch my breath. Anyone know why?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Stress can have some physical effects... Sometimes I'm shaking and the last couple of months I keep clearing my throat, and according to doctors both these are because of stress! But get it checked to be sure.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I get anxious my chest gets tight a lot. Think its just another symptom. Best cure is to not get stressed...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Ok, I've noticed for the last few months or so that if I get stressed or anything along those lines, my chest gets tight and I find it hard to catch my breath. Anyone know why?
    It sounds like you're describing a panic attack. You should probably have a chat with your GP and see what he/she advises re stress and anxiety.

Here's some info.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    you're paniking?!