Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Did I make the right choice?

This is a follow-up to this

On Monday, I spoke to Steve and I actually enjoyed it even though he did ignore me a few times, but when I asked him, he did explain that he was watching the snooker. Because I don't understand the game that much, I asked him some questions about it which he answered.

We spoke again on Wednesday evening about football and other stuff for a few hours trhen I told him that I had to go.

On Thursday, we spoke again but after an hour or so, he decided to change his status to 'Busy' therefore not talking to me which I wasn't too happy with. (Generally, if I change my status, I will always tell him that I'm going to do something, chnage my status then go ahead and do what I need to do)

Last night, he didn't sign into MSN which I wasn't too happy about because I'd waited for about 5 hours for him to sign in so that I could get some stuff off him.

This morning he was online but didn't sign into MSN even when I asked him to. I then said something like 'If you don't sign in within the next hour, I will never talk to you again'. He still ignored that. I then emailed him and told him to either sign into MSN or lose a friend. (Not the exact words, but this is what I meant)

I've now deleted him off my list. (not blocked him though which means he'll still try to contact me)

So, did I really make the right choice here? I've known him for nearly 3 years and he's basically made the last 2 years hell for me; but making it sound like it's MY fault that everything's turned out the way it has done.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sounds like you made the right choice to me
  • Options
    sounds like you made the right choice to me

That's what I thought. But do I really want to lose a friend of 3 years just because he's decided to act like a child?
  • Options
    not much of a friend if he can't be bothered to talk to you without explanation.
  • Options
    Yep, sounds like hes not worth the words ur using on him!
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    That's what I thought. But do I really want to lose a friend of 3 years just because he's decided to act like a child?
    friend of ONE year.
    The last two, he made your life hell.
    Dont embarrass yourself. if hes acting like a cock, dont be his friend.
  • Options
    You've made the right choice. Don't even attempt to justify this behaviour because there's NOTHING that indicates he's going to stop acting like this and you're wasting your time waiting (nothing you do will make him change). You lose while you keep trying, he loses when you cut contact and focus on something a hundred times more worth it.
  • Options
    not much of a friend if he can't be bothered to talk to you without explanation.

Fair point. I have a feeling now he's going t have a go at me f he signs into MSN...
  • Options
    why didnt you block him too then. Seems a bit stupid
  • Options
    You're both behaving like little children in the playground. The two of you deserve each other, frankly.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You're both behaving like little children in the playground. The two of you deserve each other, frankly.

Why do you think that? It's him who is ignoring me all the time for no reason then having a go at me if I do the same thing...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Why do you think that? It's him who is ignoring me all the time for no reason then having a go at me if I do the same thing...
    If he's given you two years of hell, what are you waiting for?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    If he's given you two years of hell, what are you waiting for?

It wasn't all hell though; only some of the time it was.
  • Options
    Why bother reacting? Do you need to delete or block him? Just don't contact him and if he contacts you just reply pleasantly as appropriate. If he has a go at you for nothing tell him to fuck off and if you ask him for something and he wont do it then find someone else who can.

I don't really see the problem. He sounds like a bit of a dick so why bother reacting at all?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Changing the story now, are you?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

You're trying to justify not having the guts to cut all contact. I had a very similar 'friendship' and even when everybody around me was telling me to cut contact because he was bad chickens I stubbornly told myself 'it wasn't ALL bad' and continued.

Honestly, what did you want us to say? That you were being childish for deleting him and that he's done nothing wrong? If you're not going to listen to us then best not ask for our opinions.
  • Options
    I don't see how he's going to change his behaviour and be a real friend to you... block him and keep him blocked. You might have done it ina fit of anger at first, but now you're (hopefully) calmer, you should see that it makes sense and you've done yourself a favour.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Shut up you nasty judgemental little person.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

It's not a 'story'. The truth is as follows:
    He made most of 2 years hell. It was weird because I'd go for months without no problems at all. Then I'd just have problems for a few weeks then it would all calm down again.