Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suppressed Technology

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well Gary McKinnon has told BBC News what he found on the NASA computers when he hacked into it, and said there is Free energy & anti-gravity systems which are from alien technology which had been reversed engineered.

What do you think? I think it could well be the truth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/4977134.stm

Comments

• Options
    Mmm... I would love to believe it, I really would.. But the fact that the man is probably a bit of a UFO nut to start with doesn't give his account much credibility.

I have no problem whatsoever believing a government agency has discovered a new source of energy infinitely cheaper and cleaner than existing ones and that they have decided to keep it under wraps to preserve the current status quo- there's too much power and money to be lost otherwise.

But I don't believe such technology came from an alien race or that satellite photographs have to be photoshopped to remove the countless alien spaceships that appear to orbit the earth, according to this chap.
  • Options
    :lol: I think he's a fruitcake.
  • Options
    More "UFO nuts" and "fruitcakes" ?

http://www.disclosureproject.org/witnesssamples.htm
  • Options
    i wish it was true...
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    More "UFO nuts" and "fruitcakes" ?

http://www.disclosureproject.org/witnesssamples.htm

Er yes. I think Admiral Lord Hill-Norton started championing bizarre UFO theories when he was an elderly peer in the Lords who’d lost his marbles.

Anyway I thought you and Klintock didn’t believe in things that lacked empirical evidence? Every example of ‘proof’ of UFOs seems to be some grainy unclear image depicting some hazy object that could be explained far more easily by fraud or a rational explanation. I don’t deny the possibility of UFOs although in the absence of any plausible proof I'll leave the loons to it.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Aladdin wrote:
    I have no problem whatsoever believing a government agency has discovered a new source of energy infinitely cheaper and cleaner than existing ones and that they have decided to keep it under wraps to preserve the current status quo- there's too much power and money to be lost otherwise.
    Exactly.
    But I don't believe such technology came from an alien race or that satellite photographs have to be photoshopped to remove the countless alien spaceships that appear to orbit the earth, according to this chap.
    I agree too, except that I don't disbelieve it either.
  • Options
    hmm I really cant beleive that. He mentions using wordpad to "talk" to the engineer, seriously what is he talking about? and the bit about the java application, if it was a still photo there would only be one frame and it would have been downloaded to his computer!
  • Options
    Well Gary McKinnon has told BBC News what he found on the NASA computers when he hacked into it, and said there is Free energy & anti-gravity systems which are from alien technology which had been reversed engineered.

What do you think? I think it could well be the truth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/4977134.stm

i think :lol: :eek2: :lol: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    UFO's are something personally I've never involved myself with, mainly because it's a scary as hell thought.... But it is arrogant for us to assume that we are the only intelligent life out there.

The story does not surprise me in the least, if indeed it is true and not some Trekkie bullshit. Of course they would hide information on a new and cheap source of energy... Oil is the world's currency, not paper.
  • Options
    Er yes. I think Admiral Lord Hill-Norton started championing bizarre UFO theories when he was an elderly peer in the Lords who’d lost his marbles.

Anyway I thought you and Klintock didn’t believe in things that lacked empirical evidence? Every example of ‘proof’ of UFOs seems to be some grainy unclear image depicting some hazy object that could be explained far more easily by fraud or a rational explanation. I don’t deny the possibility of UFOs although in the absence of any plausible proof I'll leave the loons to it.

I believe in UFOs in that I see them every day,or at least most days. A UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. Have you NEVER seen an object in the air that you couldn`t identify ?
  • Options
    Trouble is it doesn't make sense. Can you imagine the fortune the US could make if it could produce cheap energy and anti-grav vehicles. no more reliance on foreign oil, cheap energy for its industry, cheap energy for its citizens. fuck; the energy companies could make a mint.
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    Have you NEVER seen an object in the air that you couldn`t identify ?
    nope. except for some species of bird. :p
  • Options
    not surprised at all. I expected it more than anything.
  • Options
    Can't make a mint from cheap energy NQA. Mutually contradictory terms.

Besides, any technology that generated cheap perpetual energy would make the notion of monopolies entirely redundant thus stripping the present movers and shakers of their political control.

One has to consider the power factor alongside the economic factor when rationalising why such technology, if such does exist (and one might have to stage a raid on area 51 as well to determine the truth of that), would be supressed.
  • Options
    Can't make a mint from cheap energy NQA. Mutually contradictory terms.

Besides, any technology that generated cheap perpetual energy would make the notion of monopolies entirely redundant thus stripping the present movers and shakers of their political control.

One has to consider the power factor alongside the economic factor when rationalising why such technology, if such does exist (and one might have to stage a raid on area 51 as well to determine the truth of that), would be supressed.

Course you can make a mint. Cheap to produce, but sold at a price just below current energy prices so as to attract customers = more profit.
  • Options
    Technology for cheap energy once established as physical infrastructure would not remain a proprietary thing. Further, to now assert that it should be sold just below current energy prices contradicts your assertion of "cheap".

What has long allowed the energy industry to establish and maintain its monopolistic stranglehold (both economically and politcally) is the fact that an oil based global economy is infrastructurally and logistically beyond the means of small to medium sized punters. With the emergence of non-oil based technology and its provision of abundant renewable energy, it would be inevitable that it would filter out to parties not amenable to control by the present corporatist/government collusion paradigm.

Besides, if it were known that energy were in no way dependent any longer upon limited extractive sources (oil/gas) then no public in the world would stand for monopolistic control-for-profit minority interests any longer.
  • Options
    If we did have cheap ever lasting energy such as cold fusion or whatever, then where would the reasons to invade Iran and other countries in Arabia come from? (Damn, im cynical these days)
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    hmm I really cant beleive that. He mentions using wordpad to "talk" to the engineer, seriously what is he talking about? and the bit about the java application, if it was a still photo there would only be one frame and it would have been downloaded to his computer!

Using Word or Wordpad to communicate with the other person would be a good idea as it wouldn't hinder security for the hacker, there isn't really any other way to talk to someone you have remote access for without risking security. If you were to of downloaded one frame, it wouldn't of downloaded the whole picture! It would do a bit by bit a time, "frame by frame".
  • Options
    Thats a facet/consequence of the corporate/government collusion to which i have been referring, subject.
  • Options
    Is it a full moon or something?
  • Options
    Ahooooooooooooh! :p *

Thing is NQA, even if you had that technology, if you didn't happen to have the selfless interests of mankind at large at heart, wouldn't you be better off letting things stay as they are and then let them all suffer a bit when oil starts to run out, before licensing the new technology at incredible prices?

* that's meant to be a wolf cry but I'm a bit wasted at the mo
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Ahooooooooooooh! :p *

Thing is NQA, even if you had that technology, if you didn't happen to have the selfless interests of mankind at large at heart, wouldn't you be better off letting things stay as they are and then let them all suffer a bit when oil starts to run out, before licensing the new technology at incredible prices?

* that's meant to be a wolf cry but I'm a bit wasted at the mo

Given the amount of oil reserves we've got (thirty years at the very minimum and probably much, much more) that's longer term thinking than I normally give Government.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Wouldn't supprise me if it were true.

Might be. I don't know, I reserve judgement until I have evidence. But one thing I DO know for fact is - ALOT of technology is withheld by Governments. I have found this out, so meh.

It has always happened. UFO's and the like, alien ytechnology is a grey area - those who do know keep their trap shut. Anyone who WON'T keep shut about it and DOES actually know - is dead.