Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ladies, tampons query

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know its not to do with sex its down that area lol, sorry if its the wrong place for this but its the closest i could find!

I am fine with putting tampons in me, and fine with them once theyre in, and also taking them out, but when ive actually got the applicator in me and am pushing the tampon into my body, it is extremely uncomfortable, and i feel slightly sick when i do it sometimes too. Its strange, anyone else get this? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    This is probably health petal

Not everyone gets on with tampons, I know I don't and I only wear them when i have to.
  • Options
    jenni3089 wrote:
    I know its not to do with sex its down that area lol, sorry if its the wrong place for this but its the closest i could find!

I am fine with putting tampons in me, and fine with them once theyre in, and also taking them out, but when ive actually got the applicator in me and am pushing the tampon into my body, it is extremely uncomfortable, and i feel slightly sick when i do it sometimes too. Its strange, anyone else get this? :confused:

Hiya, maybe you're not "aiming" in the right direction if you get what I mean. Try aiming more towards the back. x
  • Options
    I sometimes experience something similar. It might not be neccessary to go that far up, you could slide the applicator out as you push the tampon in, leaving the tampon far enough inside. As remotebleeper said it could be at the wrong angle. One option is to use non-aplicator tampons.
  • Options
    They say you should try to aim towards the small of your back when inserting applicator tampons.... although maybe its worth giving non-applicator ones a try
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    This is probably health petal

Not everyone gets on with tampons, I know I don't and I only wear them when i have to.

I always thought you were a boy.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I always thought you were a boy.
    He is.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    He is.

Thought you were being serious then :impissed:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Thought you were being serious then :impissed:
    :heart:
  • Options
    Because it's ahlf past five in the morning, I'll share this with you. When I was a little girl I used to put applicator tampons between my legs like I had a skinny white willy. The fetish didn't last long though (thankfully). Feel free to chuckle, I do.
  • Options
    *chuckles*
  • Options
    :lol: How random
  • Options
    yeh i don't get on with aplicator tampons at all. i know exactly what u mean about the sick feeling when your putting it in. i always use lilets non applicators (i find they perfom better aswell and you get over the weirdness of putting it in yourself pretty quickly, its also easier to get it in the right position.
  • Options
    I found non-applicator tampons easier to get the hang of first than applicator.

But as everyone else said, try aiming further back.