Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Antibiotics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My doctor prescribed me Dalacin T topical solution for my skin a few months ago. Since then I keep getting thrush. Which is a pain. Is this normal when taking antibiotics? I took an oral capsule last week for thrush, it went for about 4 days and now I have it again. What would you advise me to do? Do I stop taking the antibiotics or just put up with the thrush?

Comments

• Options
    I would advise you talk to your gp or phamasist
  • Options
    Thrush as a result of topical antibiotics is unusual. Talk to your GP or Pharmacist. If it is a result of the Dalacin then there are non antibiotic lotions you can get for your skin.

I am a mini expert on a lot of them.
  • Options
    I am on antibiotics atm and it has given me thrush. Can't remember which ones I am on though. Going to see my GP today hopefully and also because the anitbiotics arent working.
  • Options
    A further thought.

When I was given antibiotics in France the doctor said eat natural yougurt, the live stuff (most of it live, don't think this is some really strange variety). This was to help the bacteria that wanted to stay alive in my body.

Don't know how well this works, all of me was rather ill at the time!
  • Options
    A further thought.

When I was given antibiotics in France the doctor said eat natural yougurt, the live stuff (most of it live, don't think this is some really strange variety). This was to help the bacteria that wanted to stay alive in my body.

Don't know how well this works, all of me was rather ill at the time!

That was good advice then - wish my doctor had told me that.

Antobiotics kills good and bad bacteria so you need to top up on the good ones.