Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bloody hell

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
New motorbike today. :D:D Can't stop grinning, it's got so much f*cking power!!!!!

It 'jumps' to 40 from standing, screaming all the way!!! :D:D My heart is racing lol.

Comments

• Options
    Yay for you!
    Don't crash.
    :birthday:
  • Options
    Well im not supposed to ride it *yet* so it will be stored in the garage until i pass my test. However: riding it today was just irresistable, the guy who sold it to me was a special branch copper so I reckon its got all sorts of secret gizmos on it. Although I've just recalibrated the idle speed on it - for some reason it was set to 4000rpm idling even though the haynes manual states between 1100 and 1300.

Wondered why it was a bit loud :p
  • Options
    Whatcha got? I've just taken mine off the road for a few weeks, I'm craving :(.
  • Options
    Whatcha got? I've just taken mine off the road for a few weeks, I'm craving :(.

A 'lowly' gs500ev, but after the cg125 it had me screaming!!!
  • Options
    Heh, I remember learning on an ER-5. It was as quick to 60mph as my Impreza - and probably to 100mph too :).

Not familiar with the later GS, but the 70's and 80's models were supposed to be superbly engineered, and pretty much indestructable. Much like my beloved VFR :).

Damnit, it's too nice to stay indoors. We should be out on our bikes :(.
  • Options
    cool.
    nice one.

i :heart: bikes.
  • Options
    I think my girlfriend left her pen at mine. Wonderful excuse for a ride :D
  • Options
    However tempting it is, don't do it until you're legal! Get caught and it all goes pear-shaped for a long, long time... :)
    otter wrote:
    cool.
    nice one.

i :heart: bikes.

Me too, but my new one is bright pink and not very fast :(.
  • Options
    Should b e legal soon enough anyway. Just the damned money I need! And a new speedo for my bike :p
  • Options
    Get a bicycle computer off eBay. They're only a couple of quid - great for working out your average speed ;).
  • Options
    Get a bicycle computer off eBay. They're only a couple of quid - great for working out your average speed ;).

Its stupidly annoyingly hard just to find a speedo though. The only reason I need it is because the one on m cg125 broke and if I'm going on a test I dont want to fail for speeding :p. That's probably my biggest flaw actually, if I'm on an empty straight road then I'll often ride a bit faster than permitted. Mind you, on a CG the indicated speed is probably faster than what I'm doing anyway :)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Oooh posting pictures please1