Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sheffield!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey all, going out in Sheffield on the 6th to celebrate my 21st.

I've spent new year there before but cannot remember where I went. Only thing I remember is that we had to walk home in the snow.

Does anyone have any good suggestions of what pubs/clubs to go to?

:heart:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    was there a few weeks back, DO NOT GO TO KINGDOM, it was a right scummy hole, unfortunately i dont remember the names of the good places but there were quite a few decent bars near VARSITY near one of the uni buildings, we spent a few hours round there, very good.
  • Options
    Hey all, going out in Sheffield on the 6th to celebrate my 21st.

I've spent new year there before but cannot remember where I went. Only thing I remember is that we had to walk home in the snow.

Does anyone have any good suggestions of what pubs/clubs to go to?

:heart:

Can we come? ;) :hyper:
  • Options
    West Street/Division street, you should find some place you'll like. It's where all the popular bars are.

For clubs i'd say Gatecrasher, but on the 6th it's Hed Kandi. There website is Gatecrasher One

There's Kingdom which has been said, it's not bad, but it can be a bit rubbish on a weekend, but it depends on your tastes.

The other big ish clubs are Plug and Leadmill.

Kingdom
    Plug
    and Leadmill
  • Options
    Silviena wrote:
    West Street/Division street, you should find some place you'll like. It's where all the popular bars are.

For clubs i'd say Gatecrasher, but on the 6th it's Hed Kandi. There website is Gatecrasher One

There's Kingdom which has been said, it's not bad, but it can be a bit rubbish on a weekend, but it depends on your tastes.

The other big ish clubs are Plug and Leadmill.

Kingdom
    Plug
    and Leadmill

gatecrasher not really our thing - but thank you.

i'm just going to have a look at the rest of them! i need to tell the mini bus people where we're going but i haven't a clue!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    DO NOT GO TO KINGDOM

haha cheers for the warning!

it's not the beach party/hula girls night, that's the week after. :p
  • Options
    The leadmill is OK. I used to work there, and it's quite a good night if you like indie or cheesey pop. I don't....and working there was...not pleasant..

Gatecrasher and Kingdom are terrible. I'd never go to either if it was my choice.
    Plug is the only place in Sheffield i've ever felt like i might get stabbed for no reason other than my being there.

Someone mentioned varsity. Alot of the bars are great. I like varsity. On the club front though...it's disappointing in my opinion.

but then my preferred style of music is 30's jazz and hardcore punk so.....i'm not exactly catered for.
  • Options
    The leadmill is OK. I used to work there, and it's quite a good night if you like indie or cheesey pop. I don't....and working there was...not pleasant..

Gatecrasher and Kingdom are terrible. I'd never go to either if it was my choice.
    Plug is the only place in Sheffield i've ever felt like i might get stabbed for no reason other than my being there.

Someone mentioned varsity. Alot of the bars are great. I like varsity. On the club front though...it's disappointing in my opinion.

but then my preferred style of music is 30's jazz and hardcore punk so.....i'm not exactly catered for.
    Corp?
  • Options
    if you're stuck go to the pop-tarts at the students union. Get hammered cheaply and listen to cheesy music. Never fails.
    West Street has an awesome bar called Takapuna. Nice drinks. Not really a student place, but wicked music and a dancefloor upstairs.
  • Options
    Corp?
    Skankiest place in Sheffield. It's disgusting.
    But yeah, apart from wednesday it's quite alternative. Yet I bet it's still horrible.
  • Options
  • Options
    Only been to school disco as well, and god know i got my moneys worth, but I hate the fact that everyone has to dress the same for that, and I really don't like the surroundings.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Skankiest place in Sheffield. It's disgusting.
    But yeah, apart from wednesday it's quite alternative. Yet I bet it's still horrible.

I know its proper skanky (but all the best rock clubs are :p) but I've had loads of mint nights out at Corp.
    Fridays & Mondays are the best nights. :yes: Not been for a while though.

I'd definitely recommend Leadmill, there and Corp are the only places I really used to go. leadmill is always boiling though! Hottest club I've ever been to! but the music is quite good. I used to go on Saturdays, and there are quite a few fitties around :D

Aw I like Sheffield.
  • Options
  • Options
    i'm not really that excited about it anymore. :\
  • Options
    LD - tell me what you're into and I'll suggest the best places! I can also PM you a taxi firm number if you need one.
  • Options
    well the club i go to in lincoln has 3 floors covering a bit of everything from cheese to dance to r'n'b. that's the kinda thing we were after! not that fussed about r'n'b though.

doesn't matter about the taxi cheers, we've got a mini bus. all the places are in the same area aren't they? if all else fails we'll just ask some locals and see where the night takes us!
  • Options
    You've obviously never been to Cockpit in Leeds on a saturday night!

Haha, i've not been on a Sat but I've been on a Friday! I was so wasted though I can't remember whether it was hot or not! hehe.
  • Options
    Haha, i've not been on a Sat but I've been on a Friday! I was so wasted though I can't remember whether it was hot or not! hehe.
    Well the sweat is normally dripping off the walls and ceiling so that should give you an idea! :yuck:

RB - I think the leadmill will probably be your best bet, as it has cheesy, R+B and indie I think. It's right next to the train station so it's easy to find. If you do some bars on west street (where most of them are) first, then you can either walk down through town (about 10mins) or get a cab.
  • Options
    LD - tell me what you're into and I'll suggest the best places! I can also PM you a taxi firm number if you need one.

"RCAAAAAAAAAAAA, How can I help you love?" :D
  • Options
    dunno whether anyone will reply in time but is kingdom right near all the bars and stuff? :)
  • Options
    Kingdom is right in the middle of town. If you walk down West street and then down onto Division street (which runs parallel to it), then follow it down and you get to RSVP and Lloyds. Keep walking down the hill and it's on the right near Early Learning Centre and Mothercare.

P.s. WHY?!
  • Options
    Kingdom is right in the middle of town. If you walk down West street and then down onto Division street (which runs parallel to it), then follow it down and you get to RSVP and Lloyds. Keep walking down the hill and it's on the right near Early Learning Centre and Mothercare.

P.s. WHY?!

haha we went!

i liked it. :p

:blush:

but i was pissed out of my socks.
  • Options
  • Options
    Lol well if you enjoyed it that's the main thing! I've been before when I was slaughtered. I pulled a pair of lesbains there once, which was interesting.

i got in free too so bonus!

wasn't that impressed by the choice of clubs though, 'cause we asked a bouncer and he didn't really sell anywhere! and he said don't go to kingdom..so we went.

liked the pubs though but didn't go in enough for my liking.

we went in rsvp and i'd been set a challenge to kiss 10 guys and the bouncer kissed me and let me go behind the bar to kiss the bar men! i got 18. :razz:
  • Options
    Corp?
    hahahahahahahaha good one ;) nah corp can be all right really.

I think you're right though, there's some really good bars, but the clubs are a bit lacking. Not a fan of kingdom. I really prefer the University Of Sheffield Union to anywhere else.