Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So now i know

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well this whole saga of mine with this girl i was seeing has now really come to its end now i think. Mots of you know the situation i had from many of the past threads i made .. and my gut feeling that something may have been going on with someone else was answered last night :( ( can't be arsed to explain the situation, look it up if your really that interested)

Well we had another talk last night about everything. She pretty much went over everything again about why she topped things. Really my fault i guess but it was down to the fact that i was starting to care too much for her and that thats not what she wanted. Really shitty feeling that is, not on her part as i understand she wanted abit of fun and something away from a relationship situation but still was basically the way i was feeling for her that stopped things.

Then i decide to bring up this feeling i was having about her and this other guy from work. Just asked her what had happened / is happening. Pretty much she has hung out with him alot, and they've kissed .. she says they were just drunken kisses but still you would imagine if she had just told him that they were just friends that she wouldnt spend so much time with him.

She says it has been really hard for her to stay friends with both of us as she wants to keep us both as friends. But i dunno she says she does like this other guy but it just feels really shitty after all we talked about before. And the fact she wasnt going to tell me any of this if i hadnt of asked. I know we arent together anymore but still is hard to think something could happen with this guy. I know more has probably happened with this guy but she won't say and i guess i just have to life with it.

But now i know ... it really is time to move on. Hard as it maybe to say, i thought she was the girl of my dreams and the one for me but in the end i was basically just someone to use on the rebound for this girl after her past relationship and it just feels so shit :(

But hey thats life, better things to come!!

Not really any question in this just wanted to write it.

Comments

• Options
    Oh, I'm sorry hun... :( I know it's no comfort but really this girl doesn't deserve you. She's not appreciating the opportunity she had with you and really being cared about. I know it may not seem like that now but it's her loss..

Hope you have better luck next time...

Lots of hugs.
  • Options
    Well thanks but its all kinda worse now. She's pretty much changed her mind now and said she might go with this other guy. Really dunno what the hell .. :( After everything about her not being ready etc . Just the usual story for me again. Was ok for me before with her saying that as i knew as i would move on she would eventually move on as well, so i could stay friends with her.... but now ... how?why? I just can't be fucking arsed anymore. If she wants to go with this other guy then whatever but i don't want anything else to do with her.
  • Options
    Hugs, it will get easier with time. It's better you find out now what shes like rather than further down the line.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Was ok for me before with her saying that as i knew as i would move on she would eventually move on as well, so i could stay friends with her.... but now ... how?why? I just can't be fucking arsed anymore. If she wants to go with this other guy then whatever but i don't want anything else to do with her.
    Absolutely...
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Hugs, it will get easier with time. It's better you find out now what shes like rather than further down the line.
    :yes:

*More hugs*
  • Options
    Ok not wanting to be blunt but i expect she gave you the heave ho cos she wants to get with this other bloke, not for any other reason.

Better off without her. Not your fault she doesn't know what she wants is it :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

Erm but now seems im in abit of a pickle.

Basically she says she won't start anything with this guy because she is scared of losing me altogether. Now i know nothing will ever happen with her and me again. I can face that. The problem is the fact shes kept me like this for the past few months, i still really care for her and it still feels like when i was with her. Those havent gone.

Its just now. We've talked and i can see she likes this guy but she wants to know where she stands with me before anything can happen. Now to me at the moment that seems like she's just waiting for me say "ok i will be your friend and forget how i feel about you" then that'll give her the all clear to go with this guy. I mean at this moment if she did go with this guy it would hurt so much and i think thats what shes wanting to avoid.

But then again i do feel pretty shit about doing this. I really don't know how long it will be before i can say my feelings for her have gone. And she says she will just have to wait. I've told her that that isnt really fair on her, if she likes this guy then she can go for him and be happy. Its just it now seems that she has to wait for me to change until she can be with someone else and that doesnt seem right for either of us.

Seems im just ruining her chance to be happy. That right?
  • Options
    she's asking for permission?

leave her to it.
  • Options
    she's asking for permission?

leave her to it.

I dunno. The way i feel about her now it feels that way. Feels as soon as i say im her friend that she can go and see what happens with this other guy.

But just like 10 minutes ago she texted me to say she would leave anything that might happen with this guy and just be his friend. As she puts "if thats what it takes".
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    I dunno. The way i feel about her now it feels that way. Feels as soon as i say im her friend that she can go and see what happens with this other guy.

But just like 10 minutes ago she texted me to say she would leave anything that might happen with this guy and just be his friend. As she puts "if thats what it takes".

Stay well clear of her love. She is whats known as a proper head fuck.

What shes really saying is i'd rather keep both of you hanging on because i haven't yet made up my mind who i want. Shes asking you to make a decision for her, probably to ease her conscience.

I wouldn't even bother with her. Shes obviously not as great as you think she is if she ditched ya for a reason which is obviously not true.

But your a bloke. Blokes never listen.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Stay well clear of her love. She is whats known as a proper head fuck.

What shes really saying is i'd rather keep both of you hanging on because i haven't yet made up my mind who i want. Shes asking you to make a decision for her, probably to ease her conscience.

I wouldn't even bother with her. Shes obviously not as great as you think she is if she ditched ya for a reason which is obviously not true.

But your a bloke. Blokes never listen.

Ha. Well im trying to listen. But you know what it is really freaky the amount of times the girls on this site have given advice or said something that sounds exactly what this girl has said to me.

Your right. She did say to me that she wanted to keep both of us ( me and this other guy ) happy and that it was hard to be friends with both of us. I just dunno if shes saying half this stuff to just keep me happy.

Well hmmm. I need time as ive said to her and im not going to speed anything up. Just hard now but i will get over her i guess and eventually find someone who i can really love.

Thanks though :)
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Ha. Well im trying to listen. But you know what it is really freaky the amount of times the girls on this site have given advice or said something that sounds exactly what this girl has said to me.

Your right. She did say to me that she wanted to keep both of us ( me and this other guy ) happy and that it was hard to be friends with both of us. I just dunno if shes saying half this stuff to just keep me happy.

Well hmmm. I need time as ive said to her and im not going to speed anything up. Just hard now but i will get over her i guess and eventually find someone who i can really love.

Thanks though :)

Yes and you'll eventually find someone that loves you back, rather than just someone that has you around to make herself feel better :yes: