Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best mobile network for contract....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
... from the point of view of bills all going OK, no cock ups at the network constantly, not too expensive....

I know everyones experience is different, but I've got a while til I come off one network and go onto the other so it's just me having a wonder.

I can get pretty much any network at my home, and in and around the town, but T-Mobile I think can be a bit of a problem where I work and my boyfriend lives (saying that, so's my network now). I'd have to ask some people though.

P.S - People can mention O2 as much as they like, I really woint take you up on it ;) O2 mess me about far too much and keep robbing me blind. :D

Comments

• Options
    Well, I've been with O2 with one of their Genie sims for god knows how long. When t-mobile had their 25% I tried to get a contract but they messed me about so much that I missed the deadline. So I went with o2 instead, and so far they've treated me pretty well. Phoned up once or twice asking them to tweak things and they've done it without problem.

Cant seem to get this thing to connect to my wireless network though. It sees it, it reads the info, but then it doesn't get given an IP by my router. But my router is so blandly simple I dont see why not - basically I've set it up to give - anyone - access so long as they're in range. *shrug*
  • Options
    Ah but see, O2 like people on PAYG. Contract users, they despise. They can't work direct debits, or their own online payment system, and it took them almost a month to correctly tranfer my number. Now if it'd been from another network, it'd still be appalling, but as the number was from one of THEIR PAYG Sim cards, it was just plain ridiculous.

Add to that the several rude emails and phone calls I've had and I just give up. I'm changing as soon as I get back from my holiday :)

ETA: And they suspended my ability to make calls and send texts last month, because, they claimed I 'hadn't paid my bill' when in fact I had. In fact, I'd paid it twice thanks to their uselessness.
  • Options
    I don't think there's any good or bad networks (they're all seem to be pretty much the same), just good and bad offers, so go on the deals, not the network. Unless, of course, one particular network has crap reception in your area. I would recommend going into somewhere like Phones 4U and get them to talk you through all the contracts and recommend you one. Then you can shop around to see there's anything online that's similar and compare prices. At the end of the day, it depends how you use your phone the most, and how much you use it.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Ah but see, O2 like people on PAYG. Contract users, they despise. They can't work direct debits, or their own online payment system, and it took them almost a month to correctly tranfer my number. Now if it'd been from another network, it'd still be appalling, but as the number was from one of THEIR PAYG Sim cards, it was just plain ridiculous.

Add to that the several rude emails and phone calls I've had and I just give up. I'm changing as soon as I get back from my holiday :)

ETA: And they suspended my ability to make calls and send texts last month, because, they claimed I 'hadn't paid my bill' when in fact I had. In fact, I'd paid it twice thanks to their uselessness.

I phoned up yesterday to get them to port my number, one minute phone call, then they said 'switch your phone off on friday and we'll do it then'. :confused: suppose its all down to ones personal experience....

Mind you, on my bill, theres an extra £1.99 there. Not sure if its cos the first month or what... :chin:
  • Options
    well my tmobile contract took a while to sort out cause they were waiting for them to get the phone in stock

apart from that it was sorted straight away, and the number porting took 5 days from when i rang up