Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Revenge is like cold cuts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my neighbour from hell watches and listens to the radio very loud almost everyday.

one morning, just after nine, i was awoken by the tv coming through the wall. so i went to the balcony, knocked on his window and he went out. i complained, he was upset and was yelling, complained about my music playing everyday when he arrives home at five (which is an exaggeration, plus i only played music really loud once because his loud tv had got to me, it was reactionary, which i know shouldnt have... anyway) he also threatened that if he hears the music again he will enter my flat and either he said hell drag the stereo or me out (i cant remember exactly) but it was a flat out threat complete with finger pointing.

i stayed calm, trying to control my anger. i offered an agreement that i lower my music and he lowers his tv and radio, that way we both happy. he didnt answer the question, just stormed back into his flat saying 'i dont want to talk to you'. a few moments later i hear him walk out of the flat and into the lift. i went to the corridors where you can see to the ground. by the time i peered down, i didnt see him anywhere but i saw a parked car drive off.

i plan to complain to my landlord and ive checked the info in thesite regarding neighbours. my impression is that even if i complain to the landlord, nothing significant will be done about it. it seems that the best the landlord/authority can do is send a letter. which can be and probably will be ignored. in addition, he may even take revenge or intimidate me, which i dont want to happen because i dont want to fight. i want to get back.

so he has a car and ive been thinking, on top of complaining to the landlord, i will fuck the car up. sabotage his car carefully so that not even the csi team can trace it back.

perhaps throw a brick/missile to break the wind shield, rather than slicing the tires because the slashed tires suggests revenge while the brick might just be a drunken prank. no?

does anyone have a foolproof revenge plan they could suggest? you could share a past revenge if you want.

aaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!

Comments

• Options
    That makes you far worse than him!

Just let things calm down, then have a proper talk with him. Trashing his car is just childish and things will only get worse!
  • Options
    How about not be a spaz?
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    That makes you far worse than him!

Just let things calm down, then have a proper talk with him. Trashing his car is just childish and things will only get worse!
    yes i probably am worse than him.

but the way he reacted during my first confrontation suggest to me that he wont listen the second time. which i think its because he sees no authority in me complaining.

plus i forgot to mention that he hasnt stopped with the loud tv and radio
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    - Go to the Middle East
    - Find an Arms Dealer
    - Buy a T-72
    - Park it on his car
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    - Go to the Middle East
    - Find an Arms Dealer
    - Buy a T-72
    - Park it on his car

:lol: Nice way of doing it :thumb:
  • Options
    Star Baked wrote:
    yes i probably am worse than him.

but the way he reacted during my first confrontation suggest to me that he wont listen the second time. which i think its because he sees no authority in me complaining.

plus i forgot to mention that he hasnt stopped with the loud tv and radio

Ok, yes he is being unreasonable...
    The way I see it is that you made a fair arrangment by saying you should both keep it down, but at the time he was obviously annoyed and heated anyway, so he ignored it!
    Leave it a day or 2... then go and speak to him properly about it.

If he still carrys on.... ummm... chin him! :razz:
  • Options
    Or contact your local Environmental Health or the council's sound pollution department. Don't bother involving the landlord, if it's really loud it's illegal.
  • Options
    :lol: Nice way of doing it :thumb:
    What a fine definitition of subtlety, trust gerbil to bring the military into this :p
  • Options
    Step One: Find an elderly chinese man.
    Step Two: Get said elderly man to teach you karate.
    Step Three: Carry out seeming trivial and banal tasks that actually teach you imortant lessons. Wax on, wax off.
    Step Four: Enjoy a classic 80s montage of you getting better at karate.
    Step Five: Enter a karate tournament, just to take on neighbour. Marvel as your six weeks of training is sufficient to take out professional fighters. Consider asking your mother if she had a night of passion with Chuck Norris.
    Step Six: Injure leg.
    Step Seven: Refuse to bow out of competition, ignoring Sensei Kresse as he shouts "SWEEP THE LEG! MERCY IS FOR THE WEAK!".
    Step Eight: Lay the smackdown, crane style.

Seriously, don't vandalise the guy's car. That'll elevate the situation into a criminal situation and you'll come off worse. Going through the proper channels won't be as satisfying but it's the thing to do.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Step One: Find an elderly chinese man.
    Step Two: Get said elderly man to teach you karate.
    Step Three: Carry out seeming trivial and banal tasks that actually teach you imortant lessons. Wax on, wax off.
    Step Four: Enjoy a classic 80s montage of you getting better at karate.
    Step Five: Enter a karate tournament, just to take on neighbour. Marvel as your six weeks of training is sufficient to take out professional fighters. Consider asking your mother if she had a night of passion with Chuck Norris.
    Step Six: Injure leg.
    Step Seven: Refuse to bow out of competition, ignoring Sensei Kresse as he shouts "SWEEP THE LEG! MERCY IS FOR THE WEAK!".
    Step Eight: Lay the smackdown, crane style.

I saw a film like that once... I cant remeber what it was called... could have been The Matrix.... :razz:
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    What a fine definitition of subtlety, trust gerbil to bring the military into this :p

Ok, so I do know OTHER Ways.

Such as the below:
    1 - Go to the Middle East
    2 - Find an Arms Dealer
    3 - Buy a MiG-25
    4 - Bomb the fuck out of the guy's ...

Oh, wait...

Bugger.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Do you think that by sabotaging his car it will make you a better person? It'll make you worse than him. And whatever happens, he is your neighbour and you don't want to fuel the situation.

Do as Jim V says and get in touch with environmental health people. However, if it is just a wee bit loud and at 9am he ain't breaking the law.
  • Options
  • Options
    OK. so wait till he is asleep. Break into his house, and paint all his light bulbs black.. Take the fuses out of his tv, and remove the plugs from his sinks! - thats bound to annoy him, oh yeah and take the batteries out of the remote control, and leave the control itself under the sofa!! ha ha

Alternatively you could take his tooth brush... Roll it in some dog shit while taking photos of said act, rinse the excess crap from the brush and put it back. then after a week or so, post the photos of his tooth brush in shit through his letter box!!

Good god when i put my mind to it, i can be a real evil fucker!! Excellent!
  • Options
    Set his dog on fire and piss in his eye.
  • Options
    in the dogs eye? or in his eye? - I like your thinking! Fire solves problems!
  • Options
    Enter a parallel universe through a complicated system of boxes. Find a nicer version of him and bring him back to our universe. Persuade the nasty verson to swop places with the nice version, offer some sort of bribe such as a chocolate bar. Send nasty version to alternate universe.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Mist wrote:
    Enter a parallel universe through a complicated system of boxes. Find a nicer version of him and bring him back to our universe. Persuade the nasty verson to swop places with the nice version, offer some sort of bribe such as a chocolate bar. Send nasty version to alternate universe.

Problem solved.

You watch too much Futurama :p
  • Options
    I'd probably end up so pissed off I'd just call the police. :mad:
  • Options
    sorry for the late response. i dont always have access to the internet.

JamesZero wrote:
    Leave it a day or 2... then go and speak to him properly about it.

If he still carrys on.... ummm... chin him!

i dont want to speak with him again. him getting angry with a complaint suggest that he has little control over his emotions (certainly in this type of situations) which i think will make it difficult to reach a consensus.

id love to chin him. i think ive seen enough jiujitsu training videos to confidently kick ass. seriously, lets say there was a fight and by decree of the gods i was able to give him two black eyes and put him into submission with an arm lock, if the cctv camera shows him throwing the first punch which i easily deflected, would i still get the stick from the authorities because in the end it is he with the black eyes and sore arm?

Jim V wrote:
    Or contact your local Environmental Health or the council's sound pollution department. Don't bother involving the landlord, if it's really loud it's illegal.

but how loud is really loud? the noise could be heard through the walls. i recorded videos with a mobile phone while standing beside the wall and you can faintly hear the noise. of course the noise in the video is faint because i dont think the mobile phoen is designed to take in ambient sound.

i will consider contacting the proper authorities. should i contact the agency of the flat?

when i moved in here, there had been an accumulation of mail to the previous tenants. among the letters was one addressed to all residents from the estate agent regarding late night noise disturbances. according to the letter dated march, this is the second letter/complaints to them and further complaints will be taken through their solicitor. the first letter was sent august last year. should i contact the estate agency directly or should i contact the flat agency first?

last night at about 3:30 am i was awoken by the neighbours music. i made videos with the phone to create a record, showing briefly the bbc tv program to confirm the time in the frist video. i plan to include a floppy disk with the videos with my complaint letter. would this be of any help?

Infinite wrote:
    Seriously, don't vandalise the guy's car. That'll elevate the situation into a criminal situation and you'll come off worse. Going through the proper channels won't be as satisfying but it's the thing to do.

youre right.
    but i want to get back at him.

ive placed the idea of vandalising the car on hold because there are many factors to consider, for instance how to avoid the cctv of the shops in the street. i thought of using a roof shingle as the missile and strike on a very windy day/night. i would need to train my aim and locate missing tiles from the roof of nearby buildings for possible source of the shingle should an investigation occur.

Do you think that by sabotaging his car it will make you a better person? It'll make you worse than him. And whatever happens, he is your neighbour and you don't want to fuel the situation.

Do as Jim V says and get in touch with environmental health people. However, if it is just a wee bit loud and at 9am he ain't breaking the law.

im not trying to be a better person though. im bored and mirserable.

but the car ploy is on hold because of last nights noise. i intend to write letters to the Environment Health, the flat agency and and estate agent, including disks with the videos.

in the letter, would it be wise to include the details of the first confrontation because he complained about my music, as explained earlier, and may work against me?
  • Options
    First things first, what is your local council - let's see if there is a 'noise patrol' in the area