Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Complaint about staff?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
If anyone remembers the thread i made about the first aider at my school...
here
That was from year 10 when i was getting sent home alot because of panic attacks. I haven't been sent home in ages, and when i tried to go home yesterday the nurse said she phoned and no one was there (i know my mum was in) so sent me back to lessons. One of my friends went home shortly after and was sat in reception waiting and as i walked past the nurse went ''oh i hope that rachael yates doesn't come back in here'' then started going on about how i always think i'm ill and try to skive school ect. Which isn't true....the last thing i want to do is be ill and miss school now its getting important.
Anyway, they made my problems alot worse last year by being awkward and unfriendly. I dunno if i should tell my parents and make a complaint because aren't staff supposed to be non-judgemental and all that? I dunno what to do...i was so upset i cried this morning when my friend told me about what they were saying. But i don't want to cause trouble and i'm leaving soon.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    tell your mum and get her to phone the headmistress. it doesn't matter that you're leaving soon. a school nurses priority is the welfare of the children and if she doesn't take you seriously then shes not doing her job. simple as that.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    tell your mum and get her to phone the headmistress. it doesn't matter that you're leaving soon. a school nurses priority is the welfare of the children and if she doesn't take you seriously then shes not doing her job. simple as that.

I agree :yes:
  • Options
    Can you not just talk to your Head of Year?

And I was in a similar position to you - in Year 11 I was off for 3 weeks due to needing an operation. I asked if I could go home because my dressing had come off and it was really uncomforatble. My Head of Guild told me no because I'd already missed enough school already - making it out that this was my fault, but I know it wasn't. (I was told just before having surgery that it was nothing I had/hadn't done)