Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lost passport!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok so I came to send my provisional licence off, and have lost my passport, this doesnt bother me as i've sent off my birth certificate instead, the problem is it's just hit me i go away to Australia in less than two months, how long does it take to get a replacement passport does anybody know?!

Help meeee!!
Thankyou xx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I really can't remember how long my passport took, but in all honesty, I'd phone now - as in this minute - if you want it that soon. After all, you'd rather it be here weeks and weeks before than weeks and weeks after. Phone and order a replacement, and maybe have a dig for your other.
  • Options
    yeah i'm going to tonight after me and mum have turned the house upside down! do i not have to send a form off again with a new photograph etc for a replacement?
  • Options
    If you are in a serious rush you can get it done in one day at certain centers around the country, it costs a bit more but its by far the quickest way.
  • Options
    I wouldnt be able to go to the passport office because its in Liverpool or somewhere am i correct?! And i wouldnt be able to get there! If i cant find it tonight im rinnging up the Passport people whoever they are and saying help!! Thanks guys x
  • Options
    I got my passport really quickly, although mine was my first passport, i dont know if the procedure is any different though for a second/replacement one
  • Options
    There is a passport office in London... just behind Victoria station....

I think its about 4 weeks. There is a fast track, which is 1 week, costs about £70... and there is a same day, which is about £90.
  • Options
  • Options
    Mine only took 2 weeks to come but I think it depends on the time of the year you apply for one. Maybe mine wasn't a very busy point or something.