Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cocktail Dress and shrug

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On friday I have a military cocktail dinner for which I am a host. Originally we were told to wear nice suits but now we have been told to make it a bit more formal and the girls are to wear dresses. Our knees and shoulders must be covered, nothing really bright, nothing too revealing and something sensible.

I am thinking of a black or dark red dress nothing too fussy, just below the knees and then either with little sleeves, or have a shrug or cardigan.

I am size 6 petite normally so having difficulty finding anything. I don't want a long evening dress, but it must be over the knees (so maybe a short size 6 dress in regular length which would normally be above the knees would be below mine!).

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? I don't want to spend too much (not over £50 ideally).

Please help! Thanks x

Comments

• Options
    not sure if theres anything suitable, but have you tried the links on here
  • Options
    Thanks, that was fairly useful. A problem I have is that I need it for Friday so can't order anything online. I might go and have a look at some of the dresses I saw on the links from the website in the shops though so thanks!
  • Options
    ahh sorry i missed the on friday bit
  • Options
  • Options
    that dress does look great! And I might get away with the sleeves on that covering my shoulders! I'll go and have a look in Monsoon!

Thanks x
  • Options
    And I might get away with the sleeves on that covering my shoulders!

If not chick, Monsoons your best place for shrugs as well (well, it would be around here, but I do live in a town thats stuck in the dark ages when it comes to shops) It might go a little over your budget for the dress and a shrug, but you might get lucky :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. After dragging my boyfriend into just about every clothes shop in Birmingham (some of them more than once) I have finally bought an outfit! I ended up with a skirt and top but it almost looks like a dress with a shrug over the top. A lot of the dresses I tried just didn't fit right apart from in West One where the clothes fitted really well, but then I ended up having to choose (well, make my boyfriend and the fitting room attendent choose!) which to have.
  • Options
    Got any pics?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Got any pics?
    I couldn't find any on internet unfortunately. I will try taking a pic when I wear it on Friday but the problem is that my camera takes stupidly large pics so this site will probably reject it. I'll see if I can change the settings.
  • Options
    Resize it in any photo editor :yes:
  • Options
    AKA Paint :thumb:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Oky! Will try tomorrow!