Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Garage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok dont think there is many people on here that are into their garage but I wanna download 'Joy' but I cant for the life of me remember who it is that does it?? Anyone know. Its the one which goes "oi oi, oi oi, you bring me love, and you bring me joy"

Yes i know im a loser but im grasping at my youth :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    'flowers' i believe im not sure my sis always sused to listen to dat
  • Options
    'flowers' i believe im not sure my sis always sused to listen to dat

flowers is a song not the name of a group but thanks anyway :p:)
  • Options
    got it, its Mark Ruff Ryder :)
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with a bit of 2step.. Bring back 1998!!
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Nothing wrong with a bit of 2step.. Bring back 1998!!

Yep anyday, its what i live for :D

Slowly got the old skool garage creaping back where I live. Just had monsta boy (sorry) and Dj Luck and mc Neat at a local club and got Mc Sparks and Kie with special MC on 19th May. In my element :D
  • Options
    Awesome!!
    What's the best ever garage tune then?

:)

PS I've been listening to a lot of Shorty, swing my way.. lately
  • Options
    love a bit of 90s garage.

N + G feat. kallaghan - right before my eyes.

favourite tune, love it
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    love a bit of 90s garage.

N + G feat. kallaghan - right before my eyes.

favourite tune, love it

Yeah that's a wicked tune :D. Must be a St A and watford thing :p

Migpilot its hard to pick a best tune really. Proper good'uns tho are, It's the way, Joy, Fly Bi, Little man, Lovebug, to name a few :D:heart:
  • Options
    Yeah that's a wicked tune :D. Must be a St A and watford thing :p

:thumb: people of watford have to like it when they put up with me blaring it out at full volume all the time.

p.s do you no the king will in st albans? i go to work their sometimes, because its part of the chain of pubs i work for.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    p.s do you no the king will in st albans? i go to work their sometimes, because its part of the chain of pubs i work for.

I sure do, I drink there sometimes coz its right round the corner from me, small world eh :)
  • Options
    I used to DJ garage at alot of events, loved it back in the day!! Then it got shit...

Joy is by Mark Ruff Rider... the one with the vocals is feat Special MC... the original is just an instrumental.
    (I just realised you already got that!)

Flowers was by Sweet Female Attitude...

Yeah, Sparks and Kie are really good... I have a mix of them MCing over Joy actually.
    I DJ'ed for MC Sparks once too :D Also did a warm up for DJ EZ once. (He is soooo Tiny it is funny!! Came up to about my chin and im not tall!)

best ever garage song... hmmm thats a very tough one... I used to love Tony Monrelle - If you were here tonight

If you after any of the older stuff just ask... I have about 500 odd vinyl in my loft and about a 1000 MP3's here and there.

Garage is pretty much dead now it has gone "grimey" but back when it was the likes of Norris Da Boss, Matt Jam Lamont, Double 99, Y-Tribe... with MC's like Creed, PSG, CKP etc etc it was wicked!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    back when it was the likes of Norris Da Boss, Matt Jam Lamont, Double 99, Y-Tribe... with MC's like Creed, PSG, CKP etc etc it was wicked!

Yeah definetly. It's all coming back to life here and is certainly not dead :p We have several radio stations here dedicated to it :D
  • Options
    Yeah, a few clubs round here still do the old skool stuff..

I normally play a few older bits if im DJing in a bar. Garage Nation is still going... but I cant bring myself to go, I can imagine its all the sort of shit Dizzy Rascel and Roll Deep are coming out with, and full of tits!

I think EZ sometimes still does his 4x4 nights, which would be good to go too, much better music!
  • Options
    I met Spoony once at Anfield....guy's a legend.
    I think everybody knows garage is different to grime, and also i don't think you can put roll deep in the same category as dizzy.
    I can think of a few tunes that were large back in the day...
    Ripgroove, 138 trek, just in case...
    My local dance station plays a lot of them still.

I think DJ luck and mc neat track forgot what it was called, was the last tune i bought on tape. Oh yeah "With a little bit of luck...."
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    and also i don't think you can put roll deep in the same category as dizzy.

Maybe not now...
    But a few years back you could put him exactly in the same same category... main reason being that he used to be part of Roll Deep! :D
    He used to produce grimey garage and it was utter shite!

One day he brought out "I love you" Which was HUGE in the underground garage scene.
    I remeber I played it at a club once and I had to give it 3 rewinds! About a year after it was floating around garage events and raves it got radio play and became big. Dizzy then left Roll Deep to pursue things as a solo artist...

That was when he became more hip hop than grime.

Garage and Grime I will agree have seperated into different types of music. But Grime was born from garage, garage slowly went from being decent well produced bouncy basslines to tracks produced by 16 years olds on there home PC. There are many examples of tunes back then that were considered garage, but were actually tracks which launched grime.

Wiley - Eskimo
    Musical Mob - ummm crap I cant remeber the name... but pretty much anything by them.
    The Nasty Crew...
    Even Zinc started to produce some tracks which were a bit sub par grime... which is a shame after he made some storming tracks like 138 Trek, Go DJ, Kinda Funky etc etc! Although I still have loads of respect for Zinc as he is doing wicked things in DnB still!

Anyway thats enough rambling for now! :)
  • Options
    Sweet Female Attitude came from my home town. Fact.

I met DJ Luck and MC Neat in Benalmadena once, in a club. I was 16 and paraletic. They laughed at me. :(

As for garage, I'm partial to a bit of N & G ft Kallaghan - Right Before My Eyes. Love it!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Maybe not now...
    But a few years back you could put him exactly in the same same category... main reason being that he used to be part of Roll Deep! :D
    He used to produce grimey garage and it was utter shite!

One day he brought out "I love you" Which was HUGE in the underground garage scene.
    I remeber I played it at a club once and I had to give it 3 rewinds! About a year after it was floating around garage events and raves it got radio play and became big. Dizzy then left Roll Deep to pursue things as a solo artist...

That was when he became more hip hop than grime.

Garage and Grime I will agree have seperated into different types of music. But Grime was born from garage, garage slowly went from being decent well produced bouncy basslines to tracks produced by 16 years olds on there home PC. There are many examples of tunes back then that were considered garage, but were actually tracks which launched grime.

That pretty much sums it up!! Yep!

I have to say, I've got into UK hip hop quite a bit in the last 6 months, because one of the guys that worked for me is a producer and a personal friend of Sway...
    I do think it's come a long way...
  • Options
    Ok dont think there is many people on here that are into their garage but I wanna download 'Joy' but I cant for the life of me remember who it is that does it?? Anyone know. Its the one which goes "oi oi, oi oi, you bring me love, and you bring me joy"

Yes i know im a loser but im grasping at my youth :p

ye its sang by mc vapour or it will be under mark ruff ryder
  • Options
    ye its by mark ruff ryder or it may be knowen as mc vapour
  • Options
    garage song called baby girl???? who sings it????

does anyy one know a garage tune called baby girl im tryin to find out who sings it if u could let me no plz anyone.........??????????:banghead:
  • Options
    Grime and dubstep rock. Anyone who says otherwise is a puff. :cool:
  • Options
    does anyy one know a garage tune called baby girl im tryin to find out who sings it if u could let me no plz anyone.........??????????:banghead:

TQ?
  • Options
    Garage back in the late 90s, early 2000s. What the hell was I thinking? Is there anyone who now listens to garage and doesn't live in a ghetto in London? :p