Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

this is so unfair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what the hell?

why can't guys understand that girls don't get over breakups as easily as they do? they always think we are trying to get back with them, and they don't understand how much they have hurt us.

Comments

• Options
    yes i agree. See we have to understand that we are truly another species to guys. We have to understand that they think very differently to us and vise versa. If a guy says whats wrong, we say nothing, yet there is something wrong, and if we ask a guy whats wrong, he'll say it. we are sooooo different.
  • Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with what sex you are, more to do with who did the breaking up, the reasons for breaking up, how you viewed the relationship, how mature you are etc etc.

Men can take just as long as women, and some women can get over it really quickly. You're just generalising!
  • Options
    I agree with BumbleBee, I'm a guy and I've never had a split up in a relationship, but something involving another person I liked happened, and that put me down but I tried to hide it (and succeed) so even if a guy sounds like hes not hurt by something, he probably is.
  • Options
    I'm a lad and it took me months to get over my ex. Men have feelings too you know.
  • Options
    Uh-oh, you've got me started....

Don't be so damn silly, of course guys have feelings. If the relationship was anything decent, it will be natural that you will feel hurt by it.

Personally speaking, my ex dumped me by text message, no less, after 6 months of dating. I had loved her for two years. Needless to say, I was heartbroken, especially since she gave no other reason than "I don't love you any more, and I don't know why".

This was a few days before Christmas. I saw her over New Year once or twice, whilst in other company, and it was like a knife through the heart. I hardly ate for a month, I was sick and ill, and very miserable.

The circumstances of the breakup left me with feelings of despair, self criticism, and intense loneliness. My work suffered, I have not been happy since.

It is now six months down the line. I still hurt. In the last few days, she has sent out forwarded e-mails - you all know the sort, favourite colour, storms, cool or scary.. that type of thing. Well, in and amongst those questions tends to be one like "Have you ever had a crush", or "Have you ever been in love"....

I was her second boyfriend (she was my first g/f). Her first boyfriend was with her for longer, but dumped her after dating her best friend, whilst with her.

The answers to her questions, forwarded to me, and from conversations with him, made it clear that she used me as a rebound, never felt any where near what I did, and dumped me when he was available again. Within the last few days, I've been told that they're back together. I'm a reasonable guy, and this hurts like hell.

Now, read this story for example only - nothing more, and tell me where I went wrong.

You come here, and talk to the people that know me best, and the shell that I have become.

Then, don't you dare tell me that "guys don't feel hurt".

[/rant]
  • Options
    Originally posted by PKsGurl:
    <STRONG>what the hell?

why can't guys understand that girls don't get over breakups as easily as they do? they always think we are trying to get back with them, and they don't understand how much they have hurt us.</STRONG>

Quite generalising unless you want to piss a few more people off. If you have a genuine problem, then post it, with the necessary details, and we'll all do our best to help you. In the meantime then may I suggest that you just clear off!! I'm not naturally a nasty person but things like this just wind me up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DJP:
    <STRONG>Uh-oh, you've got me started....

Don't be so damn silly, of course guys have feelings. If the relationship was anything decent, it will be natural that you will feel hurt by it.

Personally speaking, my ex dumped me by text message, no less, after 6 months of dating. I had loved her for two years. Needless to say, I was heartbroken, especially since she gave no other reason than "I don't love you any more, and I don't know why".

This was a few days before Christmas. I saw her over New Year once or twice, whilst in other company, and it was like a knife through the heart. I hardly ate for a month, I was sick and ill, and very miserable.

The circumstances of the breakup left me with feelings of despair, self criticism, and intense loneliness. My work suffered, I have not been happy since.

It is now six months down the line. I still hurt. In the last few days, she has sent out forwarded e-mails - you all know the sort, favourite colour, storms, cool or scary.. that type of thing. Well, in and amongst those questions tends to be one like "Have you ever had a crush", or "Have you ever been in love"....

I was her second boyfriend (she was my first g/f). Her first boyfriend was with her for longer, but dumped her after dating her best friend, whilst with her.

The answers to her questions, forwarded to me, and from conversations with him, made it clear that she used me as a rebound, never felt any where near what I did, and dumped me when he was available again. Within the last few days, I've been told that they're back together. I'm a reasonable guy, and this hurts like hell.

Now, read this story for example only - nothing more, and tell me where I went wrong.

You come here, and talk to the people that know me best, and the shell that I have become.

Then, don't you dare tell me that "guys don't feel hurt".

[/rant]</STRONG>

i'm what people call an "asshole magnet" so it's not entirely my fault that i have to generalize all guys to be assholes. that's all i've been with and they all happen to be younger than me, and i'm tired of having all these immature little brats(not you, the guys I'VE been with). i didn't mean to use guys in a general form, and i NEVER said guys don't have feelings, so please don't put words in my mouth.

first off DJP, you are obviously more mature than the 15 year old pothead from New York i just got dumped by. and your ex answering the survey questions in terms of your past relationship is just plain wrong. that's very spiteful of her and its wrong.

i understand you being in a "shell" cause i am in one right now. i tried to explain to my ex how hurt i was, and he wants to act like this hard-core pimp! he once again tried to make out like i brought the split onto myself, and even my friend ryan(who is scared sh*tless of my ex) says it's not all my fault.

i really wouldn't know if my ex is hurt by the breakup, cause he thinks he's hard and he thinks he's the best thing in the world. he said very spiteful things to me yesterday, and tried to make like he was the victim.

he is the perfect example of why i don't think younger guys are mature or anything. he acts like he doesnt care about anything but weed and skipping class. he said that i didn't think he cared about me. well that's right! what else am i supposed to think when he says "go away" and "you're stupid" and continues to smoke weed and get in trouble with the cops even after i tell him not to, because i care about him? get real.

i'm sorry if i offended anyone, but thats the attitude of my ex. i only know 2 guys that are younger and very mature for their age, but most of my friends are the ones trying to be hard core and smoke weed and get laid by middle school girls. that may not be everywhere, but this is key west and this town is fucked up.
  • Options
    BLING BLING! hold the fone!
    We do have feelings it's just some girls are wrapped up in themselves they don't see that guys hurt too. No offence meant there, but it's took me 9 months to get over my ex and still when i see her i cant look her in the eye.
    GUYS ARNT BAD they just have problems communicating with girls today. And girls always assume about us boys.