Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sick ipod

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My ipod mini is sick. :(

When I turn it on the apple logo comes up and then a little picture of a sick ipod with an apple website address. I've gone to the site, and all their suggestions (resetting) etc don't work. Thing is, I've only had it since last summer so it's still within my year guarantee thing. I've heard of people getting ipod minis upgraded to the video ones when they send them in. How do people do this? Has anyone any experience of this?

Comments

• Options
    I have had to send my iPod to get fixed twice :grump:

Its not a mini though, just a normal 20GB one... I never got the upgrade to a photo...
    Would have been good if I knew you could do it!
  • Options
    Did it cost you to get it fixed or were you within guarantee? Do they give you a new guarantee with the fixed/replacement ipod?
  • Options
    No it was free under garentee

Its actually a pretty good process... you fill out the form online, they send you a box and paper work, you quickly chuck it in that and give it back to the UPS driver, they take it away and sent back, whole in thing only takes about 7-10 days.

Although I dont think you get your one back... they just send you the newset one that been fixed back.. which worked out well for me cos the one I got back was in better condition!
    In case you didnt guess, back up your music... you will get a formatted one back.

No its not a new Garentee I dont think...