Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

provisional?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how long's a provisional license take to come?
need mine before my birthday (27.05) as i have no passport and look about 12 despite turning 20 this year.

Comments

• Options
    Depends when you sent it off?
  • Options
    Cant really remember got mine years ago, but i remember it wasnt as long as they said it would be. Maybe about 2-3 weeks?
  • Options
    Yeah mine came quicker than what they said it would take, couple of weeks maybe...
  • Options
    It usually takes three calendar weeks or 15 working days from the date of receipt of your form at DVLA until your licence arrives.

but i think its on about your actual driving license, cant see why it would be much different tho

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/drivers/applydl.htm#when_sent
  • Options
    ok thanks, time to get my arse into gear and send it off.
  • Options
    i got mine within 2weeks of sending it off.
  • Options
    If it's for official ID it's worth remembering that some places do not accept provisional licenses, only full ones.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    If it's for official ID it's worth remembering that some places do not accept provisional licenses, only full ones.

though its true i dont agree why places should not accept a provisional as proof of ID, as the only difference being, is that a red/pink one means you have passed a test for driving, not for who you are
  • Options
    Mist wrote:

Really?
    I have been using my Provisional drivers licence for nearly 5 years now all over the contry and never been refused with it.

Thats really stupid though! What is the difference apart from one is red and one is green!
  • Options
    pinkvans wrote:
    (27.05) .

Same bday hehe
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Really?
    I have been using my Provisional drivers licence for nearly 5 years now all over the contry and never been refused with it.

Thats really stupid though! What is the difference apart from one is red and one is green!

I know thats well odd? Everywhere accepted my provisional, i would have been quite scandalised if they didn't i mean what else am i supposed to use! Since i've had my pink one no ones asked for it though.

Annd my liscence took about 2 weeks to come back, so not bad really.