Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Student Fees & Offers for the course

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok,

I applied to go to Aberdeen College on a really good course, top notch course and very specific for what I want to do, they accept 2 classes of 12 so 24 students out of over 150

The head of the media department phoned me up and said he wants me on the course and "unoffically" I would have a place, I have the right kind of grades and the course is PERFECT for me, nothing could be better, working in studeos, cinemas and alot of film editing.

the main reason I choose the course was because my gf was going to do the teaching course up there but didn't get in but after reading so much into it I fell in love with the course and would love to do it.

Problem is, Fees are £1500 per academic year, or £3000 for the whole course.

SAAS wont touch me as I've not lived in scotland for 5years or move and as far as I know England wont pay for me to study there.

He wants me on this course and I need to phone Student Support at aberdeen college to find out if they can help but it doesn't look hopefull

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? or is there anyway I can get a Grant or something to help with the fee's

I can pay as I go along but with my gf working full time and me working weekends (cant work evenings as classes can last up to 9pm) we would no way be able to afford over £150 a month in course fees, My mother isn't rich enough to help either.

Any advice on what I could do, although I am pretty sure I will have to decline his offer I just wanted to make sure there is nothing else I can do
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
    Full time course yes,
    HND in Creative Induesties Television
    No, i'd be moving from Essex (england) to Aberdeen (scotland) so there is nothing local about it and for the SAAS to pay I'd have to be a resident of scotland for 5+ years,

Sorry should've stated it in my original post.
  • Options
    if you dont officially move but keep your parents house as your full time residence and say you will be living in scotland for the course duration can you not get funding off your local lea?
  • Options
    I dont think I can do that, will look into it thanks.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Hmmm... but this is a college course, not uni? is there a difference?

I'll try and find out thanks.