Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nose Bleeds

Anyone know why my nose bleeds whenever I blow it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    do u pick your nose?
  • Options
    I used to have that constantly. 2 possible reasons, with the weather/alergy stuff, your nose could be very dry inside and dry stuff cracks. Try a little salt water nose saline. Buy it near the bandaids and stuff of the store. Dead cheap. Use it when you get up and maybe one other time thruout the day. For example

It could also be (hardly a serious matter, but more so than the other) the veins have made their way to close to the skin. (The best way I can remember to describe it) I had this a few years back. No matter what I did it would bleed. They solved this by going to the Dr. Just your general practitioner and "cauterized" it. Pretty much just burning or fusing that area to protect the vein. Takes 5 minutes max.

Have you started any new meds recently? Some can also cause nosebleeds as a side effect.
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:
    do u pick your nose?

No I don't. It just bleeds every now & again when I blow it. It can be quite painful at times as well.
  • Options
    High blood pressure perhaps?
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    High blood pressure perhaps?
    True, i used to get nose bleeds if the ambient pressure went up a little bit quickly
  • Options
    my sister gets nose bleeds if she blows her nose too hard.
  • Options
    I had a dream my nose was bleeding

for some reason this made me laugh out loud :)