Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My... well you know..A problem..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've got a problem. not sure where i should have posted, this, either in the health or the sex section. Well.. i can't be positive of when i first noticed this, i know it was at least 4 years ago. Anyway. i've only ever had sex twice. one was protected, the other wasn't. But if i pull back the skin, just down from where if i were circumsized, i have these little white bits. but (not saying they've appeared lately, cause i never actually checked before) but i noticed a couple of the same little things on the tip of my penis.

Could it be scars, (when i was really young, about 5, my penis got stuck to my pants not sure how, but it happened and i had to go doctors, can't remember much of it i'm afraid.) or could it be something serious? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Assuming they are loose, and wash off easily, then they are just smegma/cheese. It's normal, just like sleep in your eyes and a little wax coming from your ear. :)
  • Options
    Assuming they are loose, and wash off easily, then they are just smegma/cheese. It's normal, just like sleep in your eyes and a little wax coming from your ear. :)

*shudders* sorry i know its natural and all but the way you worded that it is like ew
  • Options
    No they're not loose.
  • Options
    In which case, I don't know. I've been circumcised, so I can't compare it to mine. Sorry :).
  • Options
    It might be nothing but just in case you should just go for a check up at the doctors to put your mind at rest! :)
  • Options
    is ti like a ring of tiny whit dots around the underside of your bell? If so, I think these are called penis pearls or penile pauples or something and are completely normal and not an STD...

ETA: thesite has an article on pearly penile papules
  • Options
    I'm afraid you are stuck with them. They can be removed by laser surgery, which is very safe and effective, but if you want it on the NHS you have to convince your doctor it's causing you psycological damage. Good luck.

PS. I asked Bupa and they said £1200 to have them removed.
  • Options
    i've got a problem. not sure where i should have posted, this, either in the health or the sex section. Well.. i can't be positive of when i first noticed this, i know it was at least 4 years ago. Anyway. i've only ever had sex twice. one was protected, the other wasn't. But if i pull back the skin, just down from where if i were circumsized, i have these little white bits. but (not saying they've appeared lately, cause i never actually checked before) but i noticed a couple of the same little things on the tip of my penis.

Could it be scars, (when i was really young, about 5, my penis got stuck to my pants not sure how, but it happened and i had to go doctors, can't remember much of it i'm afraid.) or could it be something serious? Any suggestions?

Do they look something like this (although maybe not so bad) :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pearly-penile-papules-glans.jpg

If so, then they are PPP ... harmless and non-infectious and not an STD.
  • Options
  • Options
    if they are the same/similar to the picture, they are normal.

Do they hurt or anything? If so, see a doctor