Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I'm sorry if this turns into a bit of a rant, but I need other people's prespectives because it's all driving me mad :(

I broke up with my boyfriend nearly two months ago. We were together for about a year, but had been best friends for a while before that. He was my first real boyfriend. The reason we broke up was because it turns out he had cheated on me two or three times, though it was only drunken kissing, i know the intention for more was there. He also met up with one of these girls again after, and completely denied having a girlfriend. I only found out from a friend of a friend, he would never have told me himself if he thought he could get away with it.

So my first thought was right, I have more respect for myself than to stay with him. So I spilt up with him and cut off contact. A few weeks after that however my best friend got herself a new boyfriend, and it suddenly brought up all my feelings of how much I missed my ex. I know it's partly jealously of her, and just wanting to be loved. But I ended up talking to him again and meeting up with him a few times. We get on so well, and I have such a good time with him, and then I remember all the things he did and I just feel so awful :(

I know he's no good for me, but I can't help wishing things were back the way they were before I knew he'd been cheating on me. I know he wants me back, but I also know I could never trust him again. But sometimes I think, is it better being happy with him but being cheated on? or is it better being unhappy and alone?

:( I just feel lost. I know I should have more respect for myself not to feel like this and allow him back into my life. But it's not that easy.

Comments

• Options
    You are unhappy now because the break-up is still quite recent, give it some time ad it will get better... if as you say you could never trust him again, I don't think you will be happy by going with him again... paranoia will probably take over you and make you miserable... if you get on wioth him so well maybe it is best to stay friend, but I don't think for the moment you should have much cntact with him as it obviously hurt you a lot... time... time is your answer... sometimes it can take a long time to move on, but you will... you are unhappy ad aone now, but it will get better...
  • Options
    What NMM said.

There are plenty more fish in the sea. That won't hurt you, that won't lie to you, and that you can trust. What you're missing now is love and being loved, not your ex. Give it time, and then find someone who deserves you.