Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My nighttime thought, 29/04/06

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
If cockroaches are the only animals that could survive a nuclear holocaust(sp?) then if such a thing happens they'll be the dominant species on the planet, right? Is it possible that they'll develop intelligence?

I once heard about a cockroach that could type on a typewriter by hopping on the keys, though that was probably just a story.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If cockroaches are the only animals that could survive a nuclear holocaust(sp?) then if such a thing happens they'll be the dominant species on the planet, right? Is it possible that they'll develop intelligence?

I once heard about a cockroach that could type on a typewriter by hopping on the keys, though that was probably just a story.

you been on them magic mushrooms again zalb?
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    you been on them magic mushrooms again zalb?
    Never... I don't need them, as you can see! :D My mind is like that naturally. :p
  • Options
    Mel Gibsons and Tina Turners can survive nuclear holocausts too.

That'd make a hell of a film. Mad Max: The Passion of the 'Roaches.

THUNDERDOME! TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES!!!!
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Mel Gibsons and Tina Turners can survive nuclear holocausts too.

That'd make a hell of a film. Mad Max: The Passion of the 'Roaches.

THUNDERDOME! TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES!!!!

oooo I got an email today from a woman down in corporate named Tina Turner. Oh how I laughed.

The jumping cockroach sounds cute :)
  • Options
    i bet my haircut would survive a nuclear holocaust........am fuckin hard me!!! :crazyeyes :D
  • Options
    I've thought this further: Imagine that the "cockroach sapiens" people excavate in the future, and find remnants of our society. Computers, for example. They might not have discovered electricity but have found some different kind of energy to power their machines with, so they'll just think the computers are funnily shaped rocks.

Which means that several of the rocks we find buried could actually be computers made by dinosaurs, and we just don't know how to power them on.
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    i bet my haircut would survive a nuclear holocaust........am fuckin hard me!!! :crazyeyes :D

Well, your name sounds a bit like a korean-band wagon jumping- copyright- avoiding rip off of Mad Max, so you're guaranteed post apocalyptic shenanigans :p

Problem is, you'd end up fighting Baster Mlaster in the Blunder Dim :chin:
  • Options
    Going to bed. Good night!