Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why is He being like this?

There's someone I'm quite close to (let's call him Steve) and for the last month or so, he's been acting very odd with me. About a month ago, he refused to do something for me then ignored me, even when I asked him not to and asked him for a few MP3s. He gave them to me then ignored me. A few days later, he was acting as though nothing had happened. He told me a few weeks later that he won't be around for a few days. I asked him when he was going to be back. He said that he'd be back on Saturday evening. He didn't sign into MSN but was online. (I know this because he was shown to be online on a message board we both sometimes post on) I asked him to sign into MSN, but he didn't. He signed in the next day and when I asked him something, he ignored me but he did say 'yes' when I asked him if he was there. We spoke for a bit more then he went out. On Wednesday, he asked me to do something. He explained what to do and how to do it. He had a go at me because I didn't give him the answer he wanted - despite me telling him that I couldn't do it and what message I got when I tried doing what he asked me to. So anyway, we carried on talking then I went.

Anyway, I asked Steve for something earlier this evening and had to ask him twice before he gave me what I asked him for. I then asked why the transfer was so slow. He said that he didn't know and he had to go soon. I asked him if he was going to be around tomorrow evening. I ended up waiting about 15 minutes for his answer and he told me that he might be around and if he's around, it won't be until late. I then said something like 'Don't start this again' - his answer for nearly everything is maybe. I then asked if he was going to be around on Sunday morning. For some reason, he ignored me and talked about something I clearly wasn't interested in at the time. I said something like 'If you keep on doing this, I won't talk to you again'. He then decided to sign off and didn't answer my question.

Anyone know why he's being like this with me? He's been like this for the last month, but his mood keeps on changing - one minute he's chatting away and we're having a laugh then the next he's ignoring me...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know my post my not be too much of a help... but it sounds like he has Silly Boy Syndrome. Maybe he's a bit confused about where he wants to go with you.

The same thing happened to me with one guy I was good friends with. I couldn't understand why we were enemies one minute then best friends the next. Eventually he told me that he 'liked' me. So then it kinda made sense.

Just might a reason why!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I know my post my not be too much of a help... but it sounds like he has Silly Boy Syndrome. Maybe he's a bit confused about where he wants to go with you.

The same thing happened to me with one guy I was good friends with. I couldn't understand why we were enemies one minute then best friends the next. Eventually he told me that he 'liked' me. So then it kinda made sense.

Just might a reason why!

Intresring - the thing is, I know he has a girlfriend and has never admitted to fancying me or anything like that. And for the record, I did used to fancy him - he basically made my life hell when all that happened...
  • Options
    I'm a big fat cynic sometimes. And I'm thinking that if he has a girlfriend... maybe he's put him up to this? Maybe she has warned him about being too close to his girl friends? Maybe she's just told him she feels like she's a bit jealous? Or left out?

Do you know his girlfriend personally? Are you good friends?

I have a friend who lost a friend for a while because his girlfriend was jealous.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I'm a big fat cynic sometimes. And I'm thinking that if he has a girlfriend... maybe he's put him up to this? Maybe she has warned him about being too close to his girl friends? Maybe she's just told him she feels like she's a bit jealous? Or left out?

I wouldn't know. I know that she knows we talk, but he's never actually told me what he's told her.
    Do you know his girlfriend personally? Are you good friends?

I don't know her. I've never spoken to her, but he will talk about her. (Just to p!ss me off I think)
    I have a friend who lost a friend for a while because his girlfriend was jealous.

Really?
  • Options
    Hmm...

Yeah, really. After a while he got fed up and just had to tell his girlfriend that he wanted to be friends with the other girl. But fortunately their relationship was good enough that she was happy for that to happen. And it all turned out for the best!

I think maybe straight out asking him why he's being like this might be the best plan. Silly Boy Syndrome affects them all and they don't tend to even notice the way they're behaving sometimes.

Hope it all works ok!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Hmm...

Yeah, really. After a while he got fed up and just had to tell his girlfriend that he wanted to be friends with the other girl. But fortunately their relationship was good enough that she was happy for that to happen. And it all turned out for the best!

I think maybe straight out asking him why he's being like this might be the best plan. Silly Boy Syndrome affects them all and they don't tend to even notice the way they're behaving sometimes.

Hope it all works ok!

I know that if I ask him, he'll either:
    *Ignore me and tell me that he was busy (He can't seem to do more than one thing at once :rolleyes: )
    *Ignore the subject but still talk to me
    *Talk about the subject and end up arguing
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I know that if I ask him, he'll either:
    *Ignore me and tell me that he was busy (He can't seem to do more than one thing at once :rolleyes: )
    *Ignore the subject but still talk to me
    *Talk about the subject and end up arguing

Yeah... that's always the difficult bit. Guys with SBS never seem to listen...

More good luck for you!! Keep me posted!!
  • Options
    to be honest i think you should just either leave him to it (if he wants to be werid with you let him be) or ask him "do you honestly want to make this friendship work because you need to start to think about my feelings now"
  • Options
    to be honest i think you should just either leave him to it (if he wants to be werid with you let him be) or ask him "do you honestly want to make this friendship work because you need to start to think about my feelings now"

I did actually ignore him on Wednesday (because I told him I was unable to help him and he decided to keep going on and on about it - despite me telling him what actually happens when I did what I did) then he a right go at me for doing so, but it's acceptable for him to ignore me like he does... :rolleyes: