Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

In the dublin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I dont know why I just want to whine about it now...
dublin across the river from temple bar there was a hostle called rainbow hostel. I stayed in a couple hostels 5 years ago in france. nothing like it. both my brother and I, and the 6 british women in the room agreed sleeping on the streets would have been better than the pee and blood stained flat mattress than they gave us. Shower was smaller than my bathroom closet w/ the shelves. Brother said every toilet seat in the mens room just fell off. And that was the good part about it :/

Then nick and i got a hotel. the first one we saw on the first night we could. It was a best western. Right by a mcdonalds and burger king. Same area. called the "royal dublin hotel" or somthing. Still a best western. The bar downstairs was nice, tis why we stayed there. But even though we got a 2 bed, the beds were right next to eachother. I pretty much slept in the same bed as my brother ffs. And for 89 euros a night. That place was not worth 30 euros. I've seen nasty hotels a passing for $45 and that ranked right up ther ewith it.

So since I know there are people who have been to dublin. Ever come across either of these places? Eww *shudders* For gods sake, as a curtiousy to all, stay away from that hostel.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You must remember that Ireland was a very poor country until 10 or so years ago, Dublin one of the poorest cities in Europe. There's still evidence of that today, a good hotel I stayed in in Dublin was The Radison but you'd be paying very hefty prices staying there.