Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hmmm have i been messed around?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well this could quite a long ramble but i guess as always it'll make me feel better to get it out somewhere and this is the only place at the minute.

Well alot of you may have read my previous threads here about my situation. Just to put it very quickly if you don't know. Was seeing a girl from work for about 3 months, she'd just come out of a relationship, so we were just having fun to start with but we gradually got closer and closer and she ended things because as she put it "she was starting to fall for me" and she didnt know if she could deal with it all again. But anyway its been all so hard to let go and all that.

But recently after learning some new infomation i'm having doubts about what was going on.

I'll start over, its stuff i havent put in my other threads as i didnt really think it was relevant but anyway.

Well when we first started seeing each other there was a guy at work who you could tell obviously fancied her etc but at the time she took no real notice of it as she was happy with me etc so she just stayed friendly with him but nothing more.

I didnt mind so much as i knew we were happy together and she liked me and no one else. But i was kinda annoyed as i knew this guy had a reputation as abit of a bullshitter and could be abit stalkerish. Well he would constantly ask for her number but she wouldnt give it until a few weeks later at some party he somehow got her number.

Anyway we carried on being together, happy and all that but things would get alot more weird. I know when this guy got drunk he would text her or ring her saying god knows what, i was even there with her when he wouldnt stop ringing but she would ignore it. Well things carried and sadly she came to her decision of stopping things.

But during that week, i dunno what it was, i just had this gut feeling that something wasnt right. This was proven when someone at work told me that this guy had be blabbing to his work mates that he and this girl had gone out on dates and were pretty much going out. When i was told this, it was probably the worst i have ever felt. At the time it all added up. She got very quiet with me in the week, if i wanted to speak with her she would just say "oh im tired, think i will just sleep".

Well i confronted her about it and she admitted she had hung out with him but just as friends but that they werent seeing each other. I mean i know this guy is abit of bullshitter but he can't be that dumb to think he's going out with her. Thats why i keep thinking what happened to make him think they were going out?

But i dunno. I really shouldnt think like this. After everything we talked about, everything she said. How can i think like this. Its all just very odd.

She would get very protective with her phone as well. She had all her text messages password protected so no one could look at them. I dunno.

Even now, i know they hang out with each other but she doesnt tell me. I know were not together and all that, its just annoying she kept it all a secret or made something else up. I would always ask her what she was upto that night and she would either say something we were gonna do or that she was going to sleep.
Whats even weirder is is she went to the cinema with this guy 5 days after we had spent a really nice day together on Valentines Day. Myabe they just went as friends, maybe but she never said anything about it.

Maybe its just me i dunno. I know girls have friends who are boys but why be so secretive about it? Why did i have to find out from someone else that they had hung out? Is it because she knows how i will react? I mean its obvious to see the reason why this guy is hanging around with her and texting her and i know she knows it.

Am i just thinking way too much about? She says there just friends suppose its none of my business anymore but after everything shes said if i found out more had gone on i really dunno what i would do.

Phew thats better :)

Comments

• Options
    are you thinking about it too much?

in a word, yes. :p
  • Options
    Yeah :D

Kinda wish i hadn't written it now :p as it probably is just a load of rubbish.
  • Options
    Hmmmm, it could possibly have been more with this guy looking at it from where i stand. I remember your threads at the time when you were splitting with her and i did have suspicions she was giving you a load of lines back then. Whether it was/is more than just friends with this guy, the point is, you ARE thinking about it to much. You need to start to try and forget about this girl - she isn't worth the pain you're putting yourself through, specially if she was creeping around with this guy behind your back. I know that's easier said than done, but move on mate, plenty more fish in the sea.....
  • Options
    Yeah very true.

Cheers though mate, you've always left some good posts. Made me see sense abit more. Cheers everyone. Just looking forward to Uni now :D yay
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Yeah very true.

Cheers though mate, you've always left some good posts. Made me see sense abit more. Cheers everyone. Just looking forward to Uni now :D yay

Good posts? Nah, wouldn't go that far!

Yeah, uni is a good thing - just think, you'll be a hundred miles away from each other - if you were still together it would be torture. And just think of all the women you're gonna meet while there....!
  • Options
    yea i agree you just need to put her behind you, maybe confronting her now about it, find out actually exactly what was going on and finding out the truth might help, at least then you can forget about it.

You're prolly just thinking of worst case situations in your head, of her and him together i dunno. I know i hate thinking of my gf going places with other blokes but my brother told me plain and straight "If a girl cheats on you, she cheats on you. Just get over it" you shouldnt put yourself through pain and worrying over something shes done, don't need to waste your time on that. Obviously this is harder said than done, but it helps me. Go and enjoy uni and meet some fresh totty :thumb:
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Just looking forward to Uni now :D yay

No better place to make a fresh start than uni.

I carried a relationship into uni, and in retrospect it was probably the worst thing I ever did considering the consequences. It's hard to think rationally when females are involved though.