Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Look at my toe!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't click on these links if you're squeamish!

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/prod/dialspace/town/estate/avla52/temp/toe1.jpg
http://ds.dial.pipex.com/prod/dialspace/town/estate/avla52/temp/toe2.jpg

I got hit by a hockey stick on Sunday. I was wearing my goalie padding and trainers, but the girl somehow managed to get under my padding and just hit my toe. This happened about 20 minutes into the game and I went on to play the rest of the game even though I could barely stand and certainly couldn't weight bear on my right foot.

Whatever you do, don't get hit by a hockey stick on your toe!

(Just to let you know, it's not normally that big either - it's all swollen up)

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ouuucch. I feel for you... thats gottahurt.
  • Options
    That's a toe that's not broken too! Imagine what it would look like if it was broken! *shudders*
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Don't look to bad to me. What you complaining about? :)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    ive had on like that from being hit with a ball, it kills!
  • Options
    Stubbing your toe is one of the worst pains ever, like standing on an upturned plug.

Unlucky.
  • Options
    my big toes do that, of their own accord, about once a month.

:|
  • Options
    Last time I got hit with a hockey stick it was in the mouth by some daft cow who thought she was playing golf.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ouch... I hope it gets better soon.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Last time I got hit with a hockey stick it was in the mouth by some daft cow who thought she was playing golf.

Yeah I had that happen once, I mentioned it in the scars thread... my tooth went all the way through my lip! :mad:
  • Options
    Got to love the hockey injuries, they're all part of the fun! The skin on my knuckles is demolished, and that's even with me wearing a glove :D And as for my knees...lol. I'm a defender and always get hit on the thumb, that hurts like hell! It once went numb for a week.

By the way Sera, are the straps on your kickers loose? You should buy some new ones, they aren't too expensive!
  • Options
    Got to love the hockey injuries, they're all part of the fun! The skin on my knuckles is demolished, and that's even with me wearing a glove :D And as for my knees...lol. I'm a defender and always get hit on the thumb, that hurts like hell! It once went numb for a week.

By the way Sera, are the straps on your kickers loose? You should buy some new ones, they aren't too expensive!
    Nah, the straps are tight. I keep my kit in good order, because it's just uncomfortable otherwise! The problem is she had her stick at an angle - to slice the ball, and caught my foot full force instead. A normal impact (like a ball) wouldn't have got under the kicker like that.
  • Options
    i've had worse from ballet shoes :p but that looks painful
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:

I remember that feeling oh so well. :impissed: