Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

missing coursework form

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
a peice of science cw that i did last year has gone missing, its been marked but my teacher said she gave it back to me so i could tidy up a few bits. Only i don't remember this. I've looked and i don't have it and she doesn't either. The marks are down for it but i've heard you can fill in missing coursework forms instead of having to do it again because its a bit late now as my exams start in a month.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    whats the question?
  • Options
    I think she meant do these forms shes on about exist?

But i could be wrong....
  • Options
    H-face wrote:
    I think she meant do these forms shes on about exist?

But i could be wrong....
    well surely you'd just ask your college because theyre going to know more than us..
  • Options
    yeh ask your college they'll know more than us.

and next time save your work on a disk! :p
  • Options
    yeh ask your college they'll know more than us.

and next time save your work on a disk! :p
    i usually do, but this was from over a year ago so i must have deleted it
    i'm asking if they exist because aparrantly they do but my school are funny about them
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i usually do, but this was from over a year ago so i must have deleted it
    i'm asking if they exist because aparrantly they do but my school are funny about them

you school can't just adopt their own rules about things like that, i shouldn't think.

it might be like with me at uni if you hand work in late you can only get a 40 which is just a pass.

have a talk to you school and see what they can do. make sure you don't get pushed about - your teacher has marked your work and has no proof that they gave it back to you.
  • Options
    you school can't just adopt their own rules about things like that, i shouldn't think.

it might be like with me at uni if you hand work in late you can only get a 40 which is just a pass.

have a talk to you school and see what they can do. make sure you don't get pushed about - your teacher has marked your work and has no proof that they gave it back to you.
    it happened to 1 of my friends last year, she handed some coursework in, for the teacher to lose it and was made to do it again without help - i'm just a tad worried they'll do it to me, but with it being so close to the start of exams im not sure
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    it happened to 1 of my friends last year, she handed some coursework in, for the teacher to lose it and was made to do it again without help - i'm just a tad worried they'll do it to me, but with it being so close to the start of exams im not sure

without wanting to sound stupid here, take your mum in when you speak to the school. :yes:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

I take it the teachers actually don't keep it in their rooms or something then? Several teachers I know of do keep all coursework together in their class room - this way nothing should get lost.
  • Options
    even if she had given it back to you to tidy up a few bits, surely youd have given it back to her again? you wouldnt still have it now... tell her you gave it back to her.