Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Brothel in my street.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A neighbour told me today that there is a Thai brothel next door to my house. She was horrified. She wants us all to complain to the police.

How do I tell her that not only does it not bother me, but I think its great!

I don't want to use it, but it's good to have options.

Comments

• Options
    Well maybe you don't tell her you think it's great, but just replied "so..."...
  • Options
    Say 'But am I bovered tho?'.
  • Options
    Tell her to drop by she might pick up a few tips...
  • Options
    Can you j ust tell her you dont' really care.
  • Options
    Well I can totally see her point. Anyhoo, just don't bring it up again unless she asks and just say you'll phone but don't. It'll keep peace. You probablu shouldn't go making enemies with neighbours considering you have to live next to her...

That's my two pence worth. :)
  • Options
    she can't make you complain, if you don't want to then don't.

it's great that you have a brothel next door? think of the vagrants that will be loitering around! better than having prostitutes hanging around i guess.
  • Options
    Maybe if you're really lucky it will turn into a crack den.
  • Options
    yeah cool to have what are probably thai sex slaves working next door. At least you can go and exploit them too if you feel like it.
  • Options
    tell the police this woman is trying to get people to complain about your neighbours, but as far as you can tell the allegation is groundless.
  • Options
    MattMatt wrote:
    A neighbour told me today that there is a Thai brothel next door to my house. She was horrified. She wants us all to complain to the police.

I'd totally pop round for some sugar, thats great news mate :thumb: :yes: :heart:
  • Options
    Those poor illigel immigrants are desperate for money to send back home(or pay off their gang masters and buy their freedom) and some old lady wants them out. Now that just seems rude
  • Options
    I can imagine the wonders its gonna do to the resale value of your house tbh :p
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    I can imagine the wonders its gonna do to the resale value of your house tbh :p
    Depends what market you aim to sell to...
  • Options
    I take it she's the "other way" neighbour? Unless she's trying to drum up business... ;)
  • Options
    maybe she wants a 2 page spread in the local paper so more people know it's there :chin:
  • Options
    MattMatt wrote:

How does the curtain-twitcher know it's a brothel?
  • Options
    yeah cool to have what are probably thai sex slaves working next door. At least you can go and exploit them too if you feel like it.
    My thoughts, too. Whilst I'm not sure what I'd do in this situation, my instinct would be to make the police aware.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    How does the curtain-twitcher know it's a brothel?

Probably went round with some muffins as a house warming present. :razz:
  • Options
    She can't make you complain. She can complain for herself, but if you have no problem with it.. tough aint it.

You could always go exploit them. Get work from em while they're there!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Do you get a discount? Being a neighbour and all that you should.

Perhaps you should bring them into the Neighbourhood Watch scheme, if you get my drift, "watch" being the operative word. ;)
  • Options
    What type of brothel is it?Apparently they're legal if there's only one hooker. If they are trafficking women from Estern Europe then you should tell the police (and go around there with a baseball bat and make them beg for that you don't smash their skulls like a soft boiled egg).
  • Options
    Assuming for one minute this isn't a post by a silly little boy with not enough friends (bloody school holidays) lets be serious.

Tell the police, you can tell them anonymously if you want. I'm surprised the old lady hasn't, really.
  • Options
    What type of brothel is it?Apparently they're legal if there's only one hooker.
    How can it be legal if prostitution is illegal? Or am I missing something here?