Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Come on Arsenal!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Toughy tonight. Expecting Villareal to really have a go at us tonight. But then this could work in our favour if we can defend solidly and get them on the counter.

2-1 to the Gooners i reckon :D

Predictions?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Think am going 0-0
  • Options
    I'd say you've got a very good chance, away teams second leg always seem to do better. Not wishing you good luck though ;)
  • Options
    fingers crossed! i nearly had a bet today but couldnt be bothered
  • Options
    Going to be a tough one, Villareal at home isn't a walk in the park. So long as they don't get an early goal hopefully Arsenal will get through.
  • Options
    Tight, tactical and 0-0.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Tight, tactical and 0-0.

I can see goals in this one.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    I can see goals in this one.

I hope so. I'm going to the pub to watch it with a load of gooner mates, great.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I hope so. I'm going to the pub to watch it with a load of gooner mates, great.

Likewise but bar the gooner m8's! Still, it's an english club so i'm sure everyones support is with Arsenal! ;)
  • Options
    Arsenal to win after a fantastic display of counter attacking football, and then for them to go and be the best and most impressive recent English winners of the Champions League ;)

</stir>
  • Options
    This picture will huant my nightmares forever.

_41601518_wenger66.jpg
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Arsenal to win after a fantastic display of counter attacking football, and then for them to go and be the best and most impressive recent English winners of the Champions League ;)

</stir>

...that couldn't even finish fourth in their domestic league (probably) :p
  • Options
    :D We played shit but i don't care. Paris here we come!!! Fucking yes!!!
  • Options
    Even though Villareal played better and probably deserved to score a goal I'm glad they didn't score the penalty. What a shamless fucking dive... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aye what what a cunt of a referee for giving such a soft crappy decision!

tbh i've said this countless times and i'll keep saying this. When arsenal play with a lone striker .. a striker who keeps fidning himself out on the wing's, You'd better pray luck is on our side. Arsenal shouldnt be playing with one up front, they proved this again tonight against Villareal, Henry should have had someone up there with him, Van Persie or Adebayor SOMEONE anyone so that they could play off each other, at least that way him going out to the wings would mean he could get meaningful crosses into the box.

Wenger got his formation wrong on the night i feel. 4-4-2 is what he should have used.

Very glad to see Sol Campbell back in the first team, though he did very well.

I think at the end of the day Arsenal set out for a nil nil result and just though Lets grind this one out, which they did and they are now in the final.

I've been saying for ages i wanted an Arsenal Barca final and i hope i get my wish. I've already predicted amongst my mates Arsenal are going on to win the CL .. i've reckoned on it being around a 3 - 0 victory. Wishful thinking you might think but i feel they can do it.
  • Options
    congratulations to any Arsenal fans. hope you win in the final

(coming from a manyoo fan)
  • Options
    Think am going 0-0
    Am not doing bad with my Arsenal Champions League predictions :thumb:

I was hoping for a different result but noticed this seems to be the way Arsenal play when they have a lead to protect.

Lone striker?? I know Henry is a striker but for the majority of the game he was an extra midfielder. The way the set up to defend was 4 at the back, Gilberto just in front and then 5 across the midfield. With that system of defending I noticed on quite a few little breaks they had, Henry was no-where to be seen as he just run the length of the pitch in the wrong direction to do a midfielders job.

Doesn't matter in the end and I suppose with the result you can say the system worked.

Excellent their in the Final and hope they go on to win it against Barcelona in which I think will be a cracking game played with 2 attack minded (most of the time) teams. Its a 1-off game, no second legs so Arsenal should play their normal game.

If Barcelona make it through I'm going for a 3-2 win to Arsenal in Paris. If AC Milan pull a great result out of the bag then I think they'll go on to win it, don't know why I just can't see them falling at the final hurdle 2 seasons on the trot, prediction 2-1 AC.
  • Options
    I really hope Arsenal wins the final.

I have had to buy 'insurance'- that is, to put money on Barcelona winning the CL. The odds weren't great but at least if Barcelona do win it I'll have something forward to look to...
  • Options
    Through by the skin of your teeth but every winning side gets a bit of luck and it wasn't a penalty.

I hope you don't win but it couldn't be worse than last year ;)
  • Options
    im no great love for arsenal but im glad to see them go through, got a lot of quality players and hope they win it.

well done and good luck
  • Options
    Thought it'd be 0-0 but I didn't expect Arsenal to not register a single decent attempt. Arsenal were lucky but it would have been very harsh if they had of went out on that penalty.

Won't get away with playing like that in the final against a team like Barca, who hold the ball far better than Villarreal. But finals are always one-off affairs anyway, anything can happen.
  • Options
    Bet Henry loved it when that fan ran on the pitch with the Barcelona shirt with his name on the back.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Bet Henry loved it when that fan ran on the pitch with the Barcelona shirt with his name on the back.

Yea, me and my mates were thinking up the Daily Star headlines last night.

'Henry in shock Barca admission' with a picture of him with the shirt.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Thought it'd be 0-0 but I didn't expect Arsenal to not register a single decent attempt. Arsenal were lucky but it would have been very harsh if they had of went out on that penalty.

Won't get away with playing like that in the final against a team like Barca, who hold the ball far better than Villarreal. But finals are always one-off affairs anyway, anything can happen.

I agree!!
    I even won a tenner on that penalty coz i told my mates no way he would score.
    Result! Funniest thing was, good tackle by the marshall on that fan!!
    Anybody know what his shirt said? Animal something...

Hope Arsenal do as well as us last year but I will feel bad for Tottenham!!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:

.........and he tossed it away like a piece of shit. :lol:

I still can't quite believe we're in the final. I'm usually the first to admit when we have been lucky but this time I don't give a fuck. :D
    migpilot wrote:
    but I will feel bad for Tottenham!!

I won't. :D

On a more serious note, I'm sure none of us would've be laughing if the argie-shirt wearing fool had a knife.
  • Options
    Braineater wrote:

I still can't quite believe we're in the final. I'm usually the first to admit when we have been lucky but this time I don't give a fuck. :D

Same here :D cannot wait for the 17th of May. Will have to make a big night of it :thumb:
  • Options
    Well we have the final any neutral would of wanted. Probably would of preffered Milan myself but what the hell were there, should be a great game and anything can happen.

Arsenal vs Barcelona ... ooo that just sounds and looks like a tasty game :D