Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wierd movey clicky thing in neck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hmm, this is a strange one

About 2 weeks ago my neck started to feel stiff and sore mainly around the back and sides. I kinda felt like i had to keep tensing my shoulders, and front neck tendons (deardre style :lol: ) and well it was just wierd, i just felt like i had to do it, but then because i would spend nearly all day tensing and crunching my neck it would give me a really bad headache. I could also feel the back of my neck crunch whenever i tensed it

but, for the last couple of days i have just about managed to stop doing it and the headaches have calmed, but im left with the front of my neck beeing so strange, between the collar bones. If i move my head into a certain position or tense a certain muscly bit in my neck, it will kinda make a pop noise and feel slightly grindy and it feels like something is moving

I dont really understand why any of this has happened, i havent been doing anything different, no lifting and im pretty sure that if it started by sleeping funny then i wouldnt be feeling parts of my neck/collar bone move.

I wouldnt say im in much pain really any more, my neck sometimes feels stiff but this clicky pop thing is doing my head in, its like addictive to keep doing it to see if its still doing it, its always on my mind!! :mad:

Has anyone had anything similar or have any idea what the hell is going on?

If its not gone over the next couple of weeks then i shall go to my doctor, but for the time being i dunno what to do, its pissing me off. gr

Comments

• Options
    I'm always clicking my neck, but that's with the actual spine at the back. I try not to but it's like a compulsion to do it :(
  • Options
    sometimes if i turn my head round to look at something i feel my neck going a bit funny, to solve the problem i av to push this thing on the side of my neck and you can hear it pop into place. kinda amusing but av no idea wat it is!