Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Another thread about hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have boring hair, as you will see if you dare click the link. That will also give you a hint of the shape of my face. Its just all one length and parted on the side and dull. But I know nothing of hair. So any tips would be grand.

Comments

• Options
    Layers? Highlights?
  • Options
    nice mugshot :D

I think your hair would look really nice maybe a little bit longer with some layers put in to frame your face. One word of advice, take a picture because hairdressers usually just ignore what you tell them and decide to do what the sam hill they like with you anyway. Just stick to layers around the front at first because if you get a head full of layers (like moi) you may decide you don't like them (like moi) and then it will take you about a million years to grow them out (like hmmm... moi) :lol:

is that your natural hair colour can I ask? It might look nice with some very very fine blonde lights in to lift the colour a bit, not all over perhaps just at the front. My sister's as dark-haired as you and hers looked really nice, she just had a few strands at the front and under the top layer of hair so the root regrowth didn't show through.

HTH!
  • Options
    You have no eyes :(

I think you'd look nice with a side fringe, with lots of choppy layers to break up your look.
  • Options
    Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I'm horrible with descriptions :( Like who out there would have this layers thing? Thanks a bunch for the ideas :)
  • Options
    clicky

She has very very choppy layers. best pic I could find at the minute. Oh and I should edit my earlier post, you'd look nice with side "bangs"
  • Options
    thats not you, thats a shot from readers wives - i recognise the eyes.
  • Options
    thats not you, thats a shot from readers wives - i recognise the eyes.

:lol::D :thumb:
  • Options
    Layers look nice but if i remember rightly your hair is very curly and frizzy when not straightened? with layers its going to make them more likely to go curly after straightening because they are shorter and theres less weight to hold them down.

My hair always goes wavy when its shorter.

Depends really how much effort you want to put into keeping a new style looking nice. If you do have layer, dont for the love of god get any that are above your ear lobes or its going to be a right chore.. Maybe you could grow it a little longer then have slight layering?

Theres also plenty you could do with the colour
  • Options
    Oh very good point. You remined me why I grew them out in the first place :p And despite what the picture looks like, the hair is red with natural highlights and that doesn't need to be changed :(
  • Options
    shit girl...part of you face is missing.
  • Options
    You have no eyes :(

I think you'd look nice with a side fringe, with lots of choppy layers to break up your look.

:yes: it would suit you
  • Options
    i think u would suit a sweeping fringe.
  • Options
    Well im not sure about how to change your hair but for a start you should get new sunglasses :lol:
  • Options
    I was going for treky chic but I guess I failed :(
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    get a full fringe like mine babe, i think you could carry it off.
  • Options
    I like your hair, I think you'd suit it really flicked out at the bottom and a sweeping side fringe. :flirt:
  • Options
    Thank you all very much, I've made an appt and I'll definatly be considering the layered and side fringe thingy like alot of you said. :)
    :thumb:
  • Options
    mohawk.