Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wet to straight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Even aftering trying a pound and a half of serums and blowing drying my hair straight I still have an afro so then I must spend another half an hour straightening. Therefore I only have straight hair on the weekends :p So I saw this wet to straight straightner thingy. Opinions? I'm thinking its probalby a crappy waste, but you never know so I thought I'd ask.

Comments

• Options
    my_name wrote:
    Even aftering trying a pound and a half of serums and blowing drying my hair straight I still have an afro so then I must spend another half an hour straightening. Therefore I only have straight hair on the weekends :p So I saw this wet to straight straightner thingy. Opinions? I'm thinking its probalby a crappy waste, but you never know so I thought I'd ask.

A mate of mine has the Remmington Wet 2 Straight Straightener and said they are not very good.

Reviews
  • Options
    My friend also has a pair (probably not the same pair as ButtonMoon's friend.. :p) but she loves them and swears by them and i have to admit she has pretty good hair.
  • Options
    Maybe I'll buy them at a place where i could return them then ;)
    Does your hair go all the way dry when you use them?
  • Options
    I've got them to and i love them! :heart: ! i would recomend them to everyone!
  • Options
    Oh its on sale for 40% off at my favorite place and you can return anything if you don't like it. I'm off to buy it now!

Edit, I'm online, there are two, one says wet to straight, the other wet to style, they both have the same descriptions but different model numbers, does anybody know the difference?

http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~product_id=2112441

http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~product_id=2121273

I must be missing something...
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh its on sale for 40% off at my favorite place and you can return anything if you don't like it. I'm off to buy it now!

Edit, I'm online, there are two, one says wet to straight, the other wet to style, they both have the same descriptions but different model numbers, does anybody know the difference?

http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~product_id=2112441

http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~product_id=2121273

I must be missing something...

The top link says slim in the description, so I guess the plates are smaller
  • Options
    8600i is the more up to date
  • Options
    thank you :)

I guess i'll get it... i hate spending money :p bet i'll never use it, like everythin else beauty-wise under my sink...
  • Options
    I have the wet to straight ones, my hair is very curly and frizzy and i love those straighteners!

They work really well, my hair stays completely straight until i wet it in the shower, and it doesn't go frizzy when its straight.

One thing to bear in mind though - i end up blow drying my hair until its ever so slightly damp and then straightening it, as i find the straighteners don't straighten that well with hair thats any more wet, but other than that, they're excellent
  • Options
    Straightening wet hair scares me. But then again, I won't even brush/comb it when it's wet, let alone fry it with heated styling :eek:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Wow. Actually worked really great. And I didn't get the fork in a light socket look with all the stray hairs sticking up after I finished. Though it didn't get the annoying curls in front as straight as I'd like. Impresssed. Thanks a bunch you guys :D
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Wow. Actually worked really great. And I didn't get the fork in a light socket look with all the stray hairs sticking up after I finished. Though it didn't get the annoying curls in front as straight as I'd like. Impresssed. Thanks a bunch you guys :D

:confused: how did you go about doing all of that so quickly?!
  • Options
    you can't return hair straighteners incase you have nits
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    :confused: how did you go about doing all of that so quickly?!

I went out and bought it right after i typed the last message :p

And actually you can return them. They aren't going to resell it :p they damage it out. They have a 100% return policy. Used or not, no questions asked. Gotta love it. Worked really well when I bought a real expensive lip gloss whilst drunk one time.
  • Options
    Wtf?! You can't catch head lice from inanimate objects. :rolleyes:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Wtf?! You can't catch head lice from inanimate objects. :rolleyes:

Ilora x

How do you think lice is spread? They dont tell you not to share hairbrushes and hats with the cootie kid for no reason.
  • Options
    You cannot catch head lice from hairbrushes or hats, or combs, or pillows. - it's pure myth. Nits/headlice transfer head to head walking from hair to hair, not from inanimate objects - they cannot survive without a blood supply to feed off. Another common misconception is that they jump - they do not.

I happen to know this because my best friend in lower school was permanently infested with nits, and thus giving them to me every few weeks, thus having an amazingly useless knowledge of the little buggers. :yuck:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Yep :thumb:

Ilora x
  • Options

you don't have to tell them you used them!
  • Options
    Yep :thumb:

Ilora x

So the whole internet is wrong, inlcuding the mayo clinic, yet you are right, as always. Care to prove it or is you saying so good enough.
  • Options
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/headlice.html
    Head lice are mainly acquired by direct head-to-head contact with an infested person's hair, but may infrequently be transferred with shared combs, hats and other hair accessories. They may also remain on bedding or upholstered furniture for a brief period. In North America and Europe, children are more frequently infested than are adults, and Caucasians more frequently than other ethnic groups. Neither able to fly nor jump, lice are also unlikely to wander far from their preferred habitat.
  • Options
    Thats what every article read also, until I got bored of reading every one to find something that agreed with her :yes:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Thats what every article read also, until I got bored of reading every one to find something that agreed with her :yes:

Well here it is from Harvard so I think they probably know what they are talking about...
  • Options
    Well here it is from Harvard so I think they probably know what they are talking about...

You would think! But they could be lying. The joined forces with Mayo to decieve the whole world!!! :shocking:
    They are all giant spiders.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    You would think! But they could be lying. The joined forces with Mayo to decieve the whole world!!! :shocking:
    They are all giant spiders.

Yer you are right actually... can we actually trust anyone... this is such an important subject they could lie to us to control our lifes...
  • Options
    I'm so scared no :crying:
    I wonder if I can use it as an excuse to go home now.
    What else are we being lied to about? How many bones in the body? Where babies come from?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm so scared no :crying:
    I wonder if I can use it as an excuse to go home now.
    What else are we being lied to about? How many bones in the body? Where babies come from?

does lying actually means lying, cos liars might have lied about lies too...
  • Options
    How do you know when a liar tells you they lie, are they lying?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    How do you know when a liar tells you they lie, are they lying?

woot.gif