Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spasm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to the docs about 6/7 months ago with a lump protruding from my stomach. The nurse I saw at uni said she didn't know what it was, my doc at home said it was a muscle spasm that would go down in a few months.

Now it's been 6/7 months...should I go back? It's not gone down, infact I sometimes get pain centreing from it. Do you think it could be more sinister or is it just being itself and needs more time to settle.

I should see the docs but the uni docs can be so damn annoying and insist on a nurse where possible - and mine seemed to be totally confused last time. So I need to be sure I'm not wasting time when it's gonna go right after a while longer.

Comments

• Options
    Could be some sort of hernia if it's poking through the stomach muscles. If it's not settling and is causing discomfort, definitely go back to your doctor.
  • Options
    I went to the docs about 6/7 months ago with a lump protruding from my stomach. The nurse I saw at uni said she didn't know what it was, my doc at home said it was a muscle spasm that would go down in a few months.

Now it's been 6/7 months...should I go back? It's not gone down, infact I sometimes get pain centreing from it. Do you think it could be more sinister or is it just being itself and needs more time to settle.

I should see the docs but the uni docs can be so damn annoying and insist on a nurse where possible - and mine seemed to be totally confused last time. So I need to be sure I'm not wasting time when it's gonna go right after a while longer.

I went to the doctor this something very similiar... they told me it was just a muscle spasm...
    It didnt go away... I went back and they told me it was something else (cant remeber what now) and that I would have to go to see a surgen... so I did...

He finally told me they were wrong the 2nd time and it was actually a hernia! couple of months later I had the op...
    I would get it checked out again if I were you, does sound exactly the same as mine...
    I wouldnt worry if it is though, its a miner op, I was out and about again after about 3 weeks.
  • Options
    go back if it's hurting you. it'll only be a little bit of your time and will put your mind at rest. :)