Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

blind dates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone ever been on one?! how was it and how did it turn out?!

at the moment it seems like im going on one tomorrow night and im kinda nervous!! :crazyeyes

the guy in question has seen me (got a drunken mate to give him my number lol) but i have noo idea who he is or what he looks like etc. so i think its safe to presume (on my behalf anyway!) that this is a blind date!

im hoping it goes ok.. i get kinda quiet with people i dont know and im hoping i dont make a complete ass out of myself!!

if idve met the guy previously i think id be ok right now.. but as it is.. i havent!!

Comments

• Options
    no i haven't been on a blind date..but i take it your friend has seen him so can judge whether or not he's good looking? not that this is that important. :p

good luck!
  • Options
    I'd be scared he's a nob and be worried that it would be rude for me to make a swift exit

Never been on one though, i wouldnt rule it out: try everything once and all that
  • Options
    yeh have a plan to get your mate to ring you and it'll be 'omg i have to go, have an emergency..!!' :wave: :p
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    anyone ever been on one?! how was it and how did it turn out?!

at the moment it seems like im going on one tomorrow night and im kinda nervous!! :crazyeyes

the guy in question has seen me (got a drunken mate to give him my number lol) but i have noo idea who he is or what he looks like etc. so i think its safe to presume (on my behalf anyway!) that this is a blind date!

im hoping it goes ok.. i get kinda quiet with people i dont know and im hoping i dont make a complete ass out of myself!!

if idve met the guy previously i think id be ok right now.. but as it is.. i havent!!

It's going to be awkward. If he hadn't the guts by himself to ask you for your number, how is he going to communicate with you without staring at the floor all the time?

Maybe I am just negative, but blind dates are a no no for me. Even if this person is a potential partner for you, I would rather get them to know a bit and then date them and maybe ruin it, because the first time is absolute awkward and uncomfortable since we are both very nervous.

Well, what do I know. Good luck, however.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I've been on a few. You gotta have a bit of an open mind. They can be good fun.
  • Options
    Never been on one- I get nervous on a normal date :rolleyes:

Sounds really exciting though, you must let us know how it goes! :love:
  • Options
    Been on a couple of them.

1st - setup by a friend. the first date was a double date with the friend (and her bf) who set us up. second date on our own. we ended up going out for over a year (till she turns bunny boiler on me)

2nd - My boss and her boss (same company different office) were going to set us up at the christmas party. so i asked her out first (not knowing anything about her or what she looked like). turned out well (well kinda of) we were together for 4years, 2 of which we were married.

3rd - current gf. meet on internet dating site, no pic on her profile. replied to her message (wouldn't normally reply unless there was a pic) and now been going out for 2 weeks and couldn't be happier.

They can go well but all i will say is be safe, meet somewhere with people and you feel comfy. then continue on to the date, and again go somewhere you feel ok with. But also have fun and hope it goes well for you
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    It's going to be awkward. If he hadn't the guts by himself to ask you for your number, how is he going to communicate with you without staring at the floor all the time?

apparently he was gonna come up and say hello but me and my friends left pretty soon after going into top bar where he was sitting. plus he told me he saw me talking to another guy and backed off a bit because he thought we were together. so in this case i dont think its the case of him not having enough guts

hrmm but yeah my mate knows him and she says id like him.. apparently he is 'genuine' but when she says that it does not really give me any clear ideas as to what he is like lol.
    oh well. will post here how it turned out!!
  • Options
    update - date went kinda ok actually!!!

i wouldnt say the guy in question was particularly my type.. but was still cute and we got on fine! i think i work myself up too much before things like this!! before i went out i was reeally nervous that i wouldnt have anything to say and it would be awkward - but really it was ok!!

its actually given me more confidence somehow too :yes: so in the future if someone suggests a blind date ill be up for it!!

so if youre nervous about them - dont be :D its fun! .. unless the girl/guy in question turns out to be a complete prat lol.. and then youll be kicking yourself!
  • Options
    you seeing him again?
  • Options
    i think so :) dont how how things will turn out though! have a feeling that he likes me more than i like him!! but we'll see :D
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    i think so :) dont how how things will turn out though! have a feeling that he likes me more than i like him!! but we'll see :D

:heart::heart::heart:

Glad you had a good date, its not always a bad thing when they like you more. Just see how it goes, you can relax now. :love:
  • Options
    personally i think that its better to see if you can be friends first. As if you cant be friends then that will make things harder. So him liking you more isn't a bad thing, just means that theres room for feelings to grow.