Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

another stressed out post...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm having a very difficult time right at the moment, and i haven't got any big situation going on, it's just loads of little things...

at home:
it difficult living in someone elses family at the best of times
their little un who 5 is very violent and i'm often the target and not much is done about it
i'm about to do supported lodgings which is going to really take it out of me because where i live there is no shops or anything, you have to take a bus to get to anything, and my school is very far way and i'm going to have to make the 3 hour trip back home every night by public transport (it only takes 1 hour on the morning bus, but it only runs occacionaly, and it only takes 20 mins by car), plus its quite anti-social because you have to cook separatly which would be odd for everyone else, because they all sit down to eat.

i've got my exams coming up, and i can't seem to revise effectivly...

plus future stuff, which i'm always worrying about...

i'm so stressed out and i'm trying to do everything to lower my stress levels and not much is helping. i have been to see the GP he sent me to a shrink who was useless and didn't let me speak. i am having sporadic appointments with a school councilor, but i don't feel i can trust her so much now, because there was something that i said that she had to report aparently, but it didn't actually go anywhere, but i feel she didn't need to do it.

i feel like i'm putting quite a lot of strain on my partner as well, and he's doing exams from next week as well.

i'm really not sure what to do...i don't have any good friends at school that i can confide in or go do something like bowling or stuff to chill out. i'm just sat stewing all the time

plus i've been job hunting for almost 2 months now, and i haven't had as much as an interview and i've handed out CVs to almost all the shops in the local shopping centre (which is quite big cos it's lakeside), and i'm getting really low on money and i'm scraping to get the money to see my partner on the weekends.

sorry a huge load of stuff... and i'm not sure what advice can be given... but if you have got anything that could help thats not having baths, drinking herbal tea, or doing meditation or yoga because i'm trying them all, it would be greatly apreciated

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Well I would say meditation helps... And it actually does.
  • Options
    if you have the concentration span to be able to do it